-Controller support added
-Controller can now be turned off in control options
-Controller help screen added
-Many performance improvements
-Added post distortion effect when using repulsor
-Optimized bloom post effect implemented
-Overall brightness increased
-Lensflare post effect removed
-iPhone5 resolution is now supported
-New Triton board computer voice
-Added menu navigation sound when using controller
-Menu voice removed
-Lightstorm3D games menu added
-Added controller menu navigation (navigate and scroll text with left analog stick or pad, switch pages with rear buttons, execute with A button, go back with B button)
-Device power saving is now turned off while game is running
-Several shader fixed and optimized
-Changing music volume will now be applied properly in all menus
-Fixed camera clip plane problem in mission 18 and 21
-Fixed invisible mine in mission 18
-Goal icon brightness fixed
-Fixed fog brightness in mission 11
Gene Effect takes place in the not so distant future. Mankind explores space using an ancient technology found in an abandoned alien ore mine on Mars. We are now capable of exploiting resources from foreign planets. One day a mining vessel is missing on the planet Kratoss. What starts as a simple rescue mission turns into the discovery of a secret that threatens the existence of mankind.
Gene Effect is a side scrolling action-adventure. Explore ancient alien mines on the planet Kratoss. Collect resources on your way through deep mines and fight against natural phenomena, biological threats and mechanical devices. You can solve optional puzzles that unlock hidden areas containing relicts, artifacts and other goodies.
Upgrade your ship with artifacts and experience an epic story that unfolds using multiple, interweaved storylines.
Enjoy Gene Effect over and over again with randomized level content, 3 difficulty levels and different play styles.
- controller support
- three different difficulty modes that increase the challenge
- find hidden artifacts to upgrade your ship
- 6 different trophies including score, time and skill based rewards
- statistical overview with interesting facts like overall progress, total playtime, travel distance and many more
- solve optional puzzles and discover secret places
- interactive environments with dangerous traps and tons of destructible objects
- randomly generated level content for varying and dynamic gameplay
- outstanding visuals using dynamic lighting and real physics
- unlock 25 music tracks and listen to them with an integrated music player
Visit us: http://www.GeneEffect.com
Join us on: http://www.facebook.com/GeneEffect
slidetoPlay 4/4 award:"MUST HAVE"
"Gene Effect is great. The levels are huge, the story is compelling, the presentation is spectacular, and the gameplay– while not without problems– is engaging and fun. Gene Effect is highly recommended for anyone looking for a good sci-fi adventure."
"It’s one of the most impressively presented iOS games I’ve played to date, and clearly a lot of work has gone into making it so visually appealing."
TheAppShack 5/5 stars
"Lightstorm3D has definitely shown that they know exactly what it takes to make an amazingly immersive, incredibly depthy game with Gene Effect. The story, gameplay, graphics, controls, music, everything about the game really stands out as top-notch."
iPhoneGamerUK 5/5 stars
"Seriously right off the bat you don’t even need to read this review, you simply need to hit the download button for this game as it is my favourite game this year so far."
iPlayApps.de Award: 8
"Gene Effect is a little iOS-Jewel."
App Spy.com "Good"
"Gene Effect does offer an engaging experience with a lot of content, and we here at AppSpy give it our recommendation."
AppSparkle.com 5/5 stars
TouchArcade by Niss Campbell
"It’s a completionist’s dream, with level trophies for speed, careful navigation, and overall score"
iFanzine.com by Sean Koch
"Once things pick up about four levels in, Gene provides a satisfying break from the action extravaganzas we’ve come to associate with sci-fi games."
APP OF THE DAY - GameRadar.de
- January 29, 2014 New version 1.3.4
- November 08, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- October 19, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 20, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 13, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- July 09, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- July 06, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- June 21, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- June 15, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- May 29, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- May 19, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- May 11, 2012 Initial release