- The 8th Vermont Monument is now accessible to the public. Our tour route has updated to reflect this change to the National Park.
- Additional updates for the most recent iOS.
The Cedar Creek Battle App is the perfect Civil War touring partner for your exploration of the Cedar Creek battlefield in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Our GPS-enabled touring application will guide you to all the historic spots on this 1864 Civil War battlefield - from the sites where the Confederate surprise attack rolled over the Union lines to the climactic counter-attack that led to a crushing Union victory. Click on our "virtual signs" to access a wealth of information related to the very spot where you are standing. Onboard historian videos, audio accounts of soldiers from the battle, photos, orders of battle, chronologies, key facts, and more are just a click away. Our detailed maps allow you to locate just where certain Union and Confederate units were during different phases of the battle. Never has so much valuable information been made available in such a portable device.
The Cedar Creek Battle App is the sixth offering in our expanding Battle App lineup. To learn more about all of our Battle App offerings visit our website at: www.civilwar.org/battleapps
- April 27, 2012 Initial release
- May 05, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- May 19, 2012 New version 1.2.0
- February 14, 2013 New version 1.3.0
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.4.0
- August 13, 2015 New version 1.5.0