* iPhone 5 and iPad Mini support
* iOS6 support
* Share what you're reading on Facebook and Twitter to unlock it for your friends
* Lots of performance and stability fixes
As featured in Mashable, MSNBC, VentureBeat, and All Things D
Thinking about visiting Spain? From Barcelona’s surrealist architecture to the Moorish history of Andalucía, Frommer’s Spain Day by Day for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on Inkling covers it all and makes planning simple and enjoyable. As a universal app, you pay one price to get the book on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Optimized for each device, your favorite guide is now always at your fingertips. From planning your itinerary at home using interactive maps or zooming in on photos of toreadors and fantastic modern architecture on the plane with your iPad to finding the address for that little tapas place while strolling through Barcelona on your iPhone, Frommer’s on Inkling is just a tap away.
Tap into your curiosity with these features on iPhone and iPad:
* Weather window: It’s easy to check on the weather as you read about the day’s activities: just look at the beginning of the chapter. Each featured destination’s four-day weather forecast updates in real time in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
* Gorgeous photography: A picture is worth 1,000 words--so why not let pictures help you figure out where to go? All 17 itinerary-based chapters begin with a slideshow of the region’s highlights. Tap on what looks interesting, and start learning more.
* Interactive itinerary guides: Do more than just read about an itinerary. Use one of 60 tour maps to tap through suggested itineraries, and instantly get info along the way.
* Layered maps: No more flipping back and forth between the map and the description. Get details, photos, and websites right inside map. Just tap and go.
* Links: Anything that looks tappable, is. Instantly go to another section, or learn more from the embedded poplink. You can even go directly to websites mentioned anywhere in the book.
* Search: Can’t remember the who, what, when or where? Search anything, and Inkling looks through the whole book—as well as Google and Wikipedia.
* Notebook for bookmarks and highlights: Make highlights, and bookmark anything, including pages, maps and websites. It’s all saved to your notebook that lives inside your guide for easy reference. Plus, if you're logged into your Inkling account, it all syncs between devices, including the web version.
Bonus feature on iPad:
* Notes: It’s easy to make notes anywhere in the guide that can even include web links. All notes are also saved to your guide’s searchable and personalized notebook and synced with your other devices. You can also make your notes public and follow the notes of others!
- April 30, 2012 Initial release
- May 02, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- June 15, 2012 New version 2.4
- September 16, 2012 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- December 14, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $0.99
- December 17, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $9.99
- January 05, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $2.99
- February 07, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 08, 2013 New version 3.2.1