148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PICTURESQUE :: Read Our Full Review >>
National Geographics brings its biggest strength, exotic photography, to its National Parks travel guide
What's NewTWO NEW PARK GUIDES:
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Minor performance and content updates, including:
- Corrected locations of Kula and Pukalani, Hawai'i in Haleakalā National Park
- Corrected location of Port Angeles, Washington in Olympic National Park
- Updated 2013 visitor numbers for each park
As always, we welcome your feedback via twitter @HelloNatGeo, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
App DescriptionPlease note: this app is not a replacement for nor related to the Park Maps HD app.
National Geographic presents a beautiful, award-winning interactive guide to 25 of America's most visited national parks. Included free are photo galleries, visitor information, and maps. Purchase the full guides for an even richer experience—and explore the national parks like never before.
Whether you are seeking inspiration and planning your next trip or you’re looking for the ultimate in utility, National Geographic has everything you need to explore twenty-five of the most-visited U.S. national parks at your fingertips. Watch for updates as we continue to add more parks!
Acadia • Arches • Badlands • Big Bend • Bryce Canyon • Canyonlands • Crater Lake • Death Valley • Denali • Everglades • Glacier • Glacier Bay • Grand Canyon • Grand Teton • Great Smoky Mountains • Haleakalā • Hawai'i Volcanoes • Hot Springs • Joshua Tree • Mount Rainier • Olympic • Rocky Mountain • Sequoia and Kings Canyon • Shenandoah • Yellowstone • Yosemite • Zion
Each park guide has all the information you’ll need to know before you go (or get while you’re there!): local time, weather, how to get there, when to go, where to camp or stay, what to do, what to see, and so much more. Plus, each park guide comes with a custom-designed stamp—collect one at each park you visit.
National Geographic is known for its photography, and this app is no different. Explore the parks—from Joshua Tree to the Everglades, from Acadia to Zion—through spectacular images and never-before-seen vintage shots. Plus, learn how to re-create the best photos from the experts: National Geographic photographers.
• Global and interactive map views with filtering by activity and seasonality
• Personalized user space to track your favorite parks, activities, itineraries, photos, and more
• Thousands of points of interest, all tagged with GPS coordinates for easy planning and locating
• The top must-sees and must-dos for each park, curated by National Geographic editors
• Stunning photo galleries for each park, plus rare vintage images from the National Geographic Archive
• Photo tips from National Geographic photographers
• Sharing through Facebook, email, and Twitter
• Collectible park stamps
• And much, much more!
- Apple Design Award Winner, iPhone Developer Showcase
- iPad Editor's Choice
- iPhone App of the Week
- W3 Awards - Best in Show 2012
- Webby Awards Honoree - Best Visual Design
- 2 time BestAppEver Award Winner
"Here is an iPhone app that Teddy Roosevelt and Ansel Adams might love." —Macworld
"And, in true NatGeo fashion, it’s the photos—professional, archival and user-generated—that make the app." —NBCNews.com
"All in all ... I can say that this is one of the most inspiring, useful and consistent iPhone apps I’d seen in a while..." — Macstories.com
**v1.2.2 enabled iCloud synching of your Park Guide purchases. Please ensure that you have enabled iCloud and have turned on Documents & Data on all of your devices that are synched with the same Apple ID.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to access content.
May 21, 2014 New version 1.5
November 15, 2013 New version 1.4
September 26, 2013 New version 1.3.2
May 10, 2013 New version 1.3.1
March 29, 2013 New version 1.3
October 31, 2012 New version 1.2.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release