What's NewBug fixes
App DescriptionDiscover and discuss gluten, peanuts , soy and other allergens lurking in your groceries. Powered by Fooducate's extensive product database and award winning technology.
Are you looking for gluten free food?
Do you have a peanut allergy?
Is your child lactose intolerant?
Get Fooducate's App and hurry to the supermarket!
This app covers the following allergies: gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, egg, milk, lactose, and soy.
Use your iPhone to:
• Automatically scan a product barcode, search for products, or browse by categories
• See if a product contains an allergen you are sensitive to
• Discover potential allergens disguised as mystery ingredients
• Discuss the product and its allergen with the community
• Snap pics of warning labels to share with the community
• One button click to call the manufacturer for more information
• See additional product highlights (both good & bad)
• Select allergen free, healthy alternatives
Fooducate analyzes information found in each product's nutrition panel, ingredient list, and allergy warning statement.
Additionally, enjoy all the features included in the free Fooducate app!!!
You get to see the stuff manufacturers don't want you to notice, such as:
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- additives and preservatives
- controversial food colorings
- and more...
• Created by dietitians and concerned parents
• Uses iphone's camera to effortlessly scan UPC barcodes
• Over 200,000 unique products and growing daily
• Simplified information helps you make better choices
• Works on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
"...Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial..."
Perfect for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Just pick up a product from the shelf, scan it, and let Fooducate do the rest.
Fooducate is NOT affiliated with food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Note: Manual barcode entry required on iPhone 3G, iPad and iPod touch without cameras.
* Requires iOS 5 and higher
* Works only with US products
Fooducate is not a substitute for advice and service provided by qualified and licensed medical professionals. Any health related information found herein is available as part of a general educational and commercial service.
When looking up product and allergy information on Fooducate, keep in mind that
- Manufacturer formulations can change at any time
- Fooducate's data may be outdated, incomplete or erroneous
- Content from other users may be erroneous
To verify a product's fit for your consumption, you should ALWAYS READ THE PRODUCT'S LABELS, check with the manufacturer directly, and consult a qualified and licensed medical professional.
November 29, 2013 New version 3.54
November 15, 2013 New version 3.52
October 04, 2013 New version 3.42
September 26, 2013 New version 3.40
July 14, 2013 New version 3.36
May 12, 2013 New version 3.32
May 15, 2012 Initial Release