App DescriptionAre you losing those special moments to dark grainy photos because the iPhone doesn't work well in low light? Try NightCap. It captures up to 15x more light than any other app - you'll be amazed at the improvement!
This is the Free version of NightCap - it is ad-supported, lower resolution and photos are watermarked, but all features from the full version are enabled.
NightCap is a camera replacement built for high performance around the clock. It's the first and only app to do real slow shutter photography, not the fake software effect other apps use! That means in low light it performs better than any other app thanks to its unique extended exposure range, producing brighter and more detailed images with less grain.
It also provides the best tools available to help you get that perfect shot, night or day. It's built for ease of use and takes fully automatic photos or if you prefer you can effortlessly set exposure (including manual shutter speed for the first time on iOS), focus and even white balance to different parts of the scene. Just point the camera where you want to set something and lock it with a single tap - it's extremely easy and intuitive.
== Features ==
• Automatic or Manual: NightCap works fully automatically when you want speed or simplicity. Automatic but with night mode when you need it. If you want control, class-leading focus, exposure and white balance control is available including true manual exposure in low light.
• Extended Exposure Range: In low light it uses much longer exposure times (up to 15x!) than other apps giving brighter, clearer photos. This is real long exposure not a fake software effect.
• Powerful and Intuitive Camera Control: All the flexibility of separate focus, exposure and white balance targeting and locking, none of the hassle. Just point where you want to focus and tap the focus button to lock. Point elsewhere, lock exposure. Full control, fast and easy operation.
• On-screen exposure and ISO display
• Self-Timer: Whether you're taking a group photo and want to be in the shot or you're taking a long exposure shot and want to avoid camera shake, the built in timer with adjustable delay is there for you.
• Full resolution support on every device, photos saved instantly to the Camera Roll.
• Left or right handed operation.
• Full EXIF support and geo-tagging.
== Tips ==
• Focus and exposure control is simple. Use the focus square - the camera focuses and exposes whatever is in that box. Point the camera at the object you want in focus - the square turns green once it's focused. Tap the "Foc" button to lock. It's now fixed until you unlock it. Do the same to lock exposure and white balance anywhere in your scene for complete control and perfect photos.
• Manual exposure gives you complete control in low light. In bright light, it automatically reduces exposure if it's over-exposing (the on-screen indicator turns red to warn you). To avoid this cover the lens until exposure returns to manual control, then lock exposure.
• Photography in very dark conditions isn't possible without the flash. NightCap will generally work much better than the built-in camera app (and will often work well when the built-in app fails completely), but results depend on the amount of light available.
• The camera needs time to focus, and focusing can be slow in very low light. Lock the focus to prevent the camera from re-focusing.
• Longer exposures make the camera susceptible to motion. Hold the camera still when shooting in low light - rest against a solid surface, use the timer, take several shots and pick the best one, or use a tripod/stand.
April 30, 2012 Initial Release