What's NewBIKE SHARING
The City of Chicago is launching Divvy bike sharing on Friday, June 28. Chicago Bike Guide has been updated to have:
- Divvy bike sharing station locations
- Divvy bike sharing tips and resources
- Points of interest near Divvy stations, to find the right destination station (for example, type "depaul" to find the five Divvy stations near DePaul University)
- Tap and hold to drop a marker and get the address for that location (and the name if available in OpenStreetMap); uses OpenStreetMap Nominatim API
- Improved feedback when you tap the button to get directions
- Merchandise Mart has been added as a point of interest
- App interaction has been sped up (by removing the 300 ms mobile browser delay)
- New transit and bike routing app suggestion: TripGo
App DescriptionThe Chicago Bike Guide is the best way to navigate Chicago's vast network of bikeways and cool destinations. The entire map is stored offline on your iOS device, allowing you to browse freely without using your data plan. Online functions, including routing, place searching, and Chainlink and Twitter, give you the perfect view of getting around by bike in Chicago.
You can design your own route, get a suggested route, or discover new ways to get from A to B on streets with bikeways or on trails. Find the nearest Divvy bike sharing station.
Get directions from your location to any of the embedded points of interest, trailheads, recommended restaurants, and train and bus stations (Greyhound and Megabus). With a link to ETAChicago, see when buses and trains are arriving at your current location or any of the points of interest, including at all train and bus stations.
The map shows you all area off-street trails, every type of bike lane, streets with sharrows, and the slow service drives lining each boulevard. Trails included are:
-Des Plaines River Trail
-Illinois Prairie Path
-Lakefront Trail in Chicago (no trailheads marked, but access routes are apparent)
-Lake Shore Path in Evanston (no trailheads marked, but access routes are apparent)
-Major Taylor Trail
-North Branch Trail
-North Shore Channel Trail
February 11, 2014 New version 0.9.0
January 29, 2014 New version 0.8.6
November 29, 2013 New version 0.8.5
November 22, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
April 16, 2012 Initial Release