This version of the MediaCentral | UX mobile app for iOS fixes a limitation that caused the app to crash when viewing stories from an autorefresh queue or when displaying stories from an autorefresh queue when in presenter mode.
Access your newsroom and Interplay Production systems from anywhere using the Avid MediaCentral | UX mobile app on your iPad or your iPhone. Stay in sync with the newsroom while you’re working in the field, review content and browse media while in editorial meetings, or use your iPad or iPhone to replace printed scripts on the set.
MediaCentral | UX Compatibility
The following devices (tablets and phones) and operating systems are supported with MediaCentral UX:
· Devices using iOS 8.x are supported on Avid Central v1.8, MediaCentral | UX v2.0 and later
· Devices using iOS 9.x are supported on MediaCentral | UX v2.2 and later
The MCS 2.x servers are supported with MediaCentral | UX v2.5.x on iOS 9.x devices. For more information on MediaCentral Platform Services compatibility with the MediaCentral | UX mobile app for iOS devices, see Avid’s Knowledge Base.
· View all of your system queues and stories
· Stories include normal text, presenter text, close captioned text, and production cues
· Browse and play Interplay assets
· For easy and quick access, mark and store your frequently-used folders, queues, assets, and stories as favorites
· Auto-login available to eliminate the need to re-enter your user credentials
· Move between stories using the Sidebar queue view, or move to the next / previous story directly from the story view using gestures
· Cache stories or rundowns on the local device to view in offline mode
· Customize your display options for font size, text display, and skipping blank stories
· Real-time updates
· Rundown is backed up locally, so that you can continue working if you lose connectivity
· Paginated Scripts eliminate the need to scroll up or down
· Play a story’s associated Interplay Production video sequence directly from the embedded video player
· Launch a sequence into the full-screen player to see more detail
MediaCentral | UX on your iPad or iPhone requires connectivity to your Avid MediaCentral and iNEWS systems. Your organization may require a VPN connection to access your system remotely. If you have issues connecting MediaCentral | UX to your system, or if you would like to add MediaCentral | UX to your Avid environment, please contact your system administrator.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- June 19, 2014 New version 2.0
- July 27, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- September 27, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- December 18, 2014 New version 2.1
- June 24, 2015 New version 2.2
- February 27, 2016 New version 2.5
- March 02, 2016 New version 2.5.1