iOS 9 is here, and we’re ready for it. We’ve brought everything up to date behind the scenes, blasting bugs and crushing crashes. For those of you with iPads, we’ve also ensured the app plays nicely with side-by-side multitasking - perfect for checking out a Triggertrap How To tutorial while setting up the Triggertrap App!
We’ve also added a nifty Bulb icon in the corner of the app as a little reminder of when your camera needs to be in Bulb mode.
Any feedback or suggestions? We love to hear what you think, please send us an email to [email protected] to let us know!
Triggertrap - Creative ways of triggering your camera. The Triggertrap Mobile app has a heap of sensors to trigger your camera in exciting ways and a range of tools to create beautiful timelapses.
Triggertrap Mobile’s sensor modes are configurable so you can get trigger happy with your camera - any way you like! Triggertrap Mobile allows extreme exposure control, and you can push the limits of HDR photography.
IMPORTANT! Triggertrap requires the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to connect your camera to your device! See below for details.
• "A nifty addition to any photographer’s toolkit" - Trusted Reviews
• "[Combines] the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, affordable product.” - Shutterbug
Got an Apple Watch or a Pebble Smartwatch? We've got you covered! Wearables works with five of our most popular modes: Simple Cable Release, Self Timer, Press and Lock, Timed Release, and Timelapse.
Here are all the ways you can get triggering:
• Sound sensor - clap, whistle or tap
• Vibration sensor - vibrations and earthquakes
• Motion sensor - detects movement. Catch people with their hand in the cookie jar!
• Peekaboo - facial recognition
• Timelapse - travel through time
• TimeWarp - timelapse with acceleration
• DistanceLapse - perfect for road trips
• Bramping - bulb ramping timelapse to keep your exposure smooth
• Star Trail mode - extreme exposure control to create stunning images of the night sky
• LE HDR - Long exposure HDR sets with up to 19 exposures
• LE HDR Timelapse - create timelapses with all the detail of HDR
Along with all of these, there are a variety of other cable release modes, including Simple Cable Release, Self Timer and Press and Lock options, and timed exposures up to 100 hours long! We also have a handy Solar Calculator to find out the sunrise and sunset times wherever you are, and an ND Calculator to ensure your exposures are just the right length when using neutral density filters.
To connect your iOS device to your camera buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. Currently more than 300 camera models are supported, with support added for new cameras all the time.
Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/15th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps.
- April 29, 2012 Initial release
- May 03, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- June 06, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- June 21, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- July 20, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.2.0
- September 18, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- October 16, 2012 New version 1.4.0
- November 12, 2012 New version 1.5.0
- November 13, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- November 26, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- November 29, 2012 New version 1.5.2
- April 30, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- May 29, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.5.5
- September 20, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- October 07, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- October 18, 2013 New version 2.1.0
- November 18, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- December 18, 2013 New version 2.1.3
- January 28, 2014 New version 2.2
- April 12, 2014 New version 2.3
- June 25, 2014 New version 2.4
- July 11, 2014 New version 2.5
- August 06, 2014 New version 2.6
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.1
- December 01, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- December 15, 2014 New version 3.1.2
- February 12, 2015 New version 3.1.3
- February 26, 2015 New version 3.2
- May 01, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- May 07, 2015 New version 3.3
- June 15, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- August 13, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- August 29, 2015 New version 3.3.3
- September 24, 2015 New version 3.4