We’ve created a super handy, all-new tutorial, welcoming new users to Triggertrap Mobile with all the info they need to get started. This will appear the next time you open the app - check it out! If you’re already a Triggertrap Expert, you can click the little X in the top right corner to skip past it.
The fonts have had a small tweak to look better across all Apple devices. From iPods to iPads, the text is cleaner, easier to read, and makes better use of the screen space. Lovely.
We’ve also worked on a few bug fixes; you may have noticed in DistanceLapse the camera was triggering at the right point, but was showing speeds that weren’t very accurate. We’ve had a word with the calculator, and all is well again in DistanceLapse.
A few users noticed that their devices didn’t want to play nicely in Wi-Fi mode when using Personal Hotspot. We’ve changed the way the app checks for Wi-Fi, so it’s now fantastically easy to use Wi-Fi Master and Slave over a Personal Hotspot.
We love to hear what you think. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please drop us an email on [email protected]!
Triggertrap - Creative ways of triggering your camera. The Triggertrap Mobile app has a heap of sensors to trigger your camera in exciting ways and a range of tools to create beautiful timelapses.
Triggertrap Mobile’s sensor modes are configurable so you can get trigger happy with your camera - any way you like! Triggertrap Mobile allows extreme exposure control, and you can push the limits of HDR photography.
IMPORTANT! Triggertrap requires the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to connect your camera to your device! See below for details.
• "A nifty addition to any photographer’s toolkit" - Trusted Reviews
• "[Combines] the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, affordable product.” - Shutterbug
Here are the ways you can get triggering:
• Sound sensor - clap, whistle or tap
• Vibration sensor - vibrations and earthquakes
• Motion sensor - detects movement. Catch people with their hand in the cookie jar!
• Peekaboo - facial recognition
• Timelapse - travel through time
• TimeWarp - timelapse with acceleration
• DistanceLapse - perfect for road trips
• Bramping - bulb ramping timelapse to keep your exposure smooth
• Star Trail mode - extreme exposure control to create stunning images of the night sky
• LE HDR - Long exposure HDR sets with up to 19 exposures
• LE HDR Timelapse - create timelapses with all the detail of HDR
Along with all of these, there are a variety of other cable release modes, including simple cable release, self timer, tap and hold, and timed exposures up to 100 hours long!
To connect your iOS device to your camera buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. Currently more than 300 camera models are supported, with support added for new cameras all the time.
Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/16th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps.
- February 26, 2015 New version 3.2
- February 12, 2015 New version 3.1.3
- December 15, 2014 New version 3.1.2
- December 01, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.1
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.0
- August 06, 2014 New version 2.6
- July 11, 2014 New version 2.5
- June 25, 2014 New version 2.4
- April 12, 2014 New version 2.3
- January 28, 2014 New version 2.2
- December 18, 2013 New version 2.1.3
- November 18, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- October 18, 2013 New version 2.1.0
- October 07, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- September 20, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.5.5
- May 29, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- April 30, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- November 29, 2012 New version 1.5.2
- November 26, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- November 13, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- November 12, 2012 New version 1.5.0
- October 16, 2012 New version 1.4.0
- September 18, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.2.0
- July 20, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- June 21, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- June 06, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- May 03, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- April 29, 2012 Initial release