- General improvements
- Updated Parent/Teacher Section
"One of our top 5 back to school apps" - Appolicious
Kids App of the Week -Parenting Magazine
"Chalk Walk is a very unique iPad app. It has been developed to help your children improve the pincer grip they use to hold a pencil. An app that wants you to take what you’ve learned and apply that to good old fashioned paper and pencil? You bet!" - The iPhone Mom
"Chalk Walk for the IPAD is an interactive app for toddlers and pre-schoolers that develops their thumb-finger pincer grip skill needed for school. It also teaches other skills like hand-eye coordination, simple motor skills, simple letters and words introduction, and promotes left to right progression. And it does all of these while maintaining fun with the visuals, games, and rewards." - IHeartThisApp
4 Stars! - Best Apps For Kids
Introduce your kids to the first app to help children to develop the pincer grip needed at school. Many children are coming into school unable to properly hold a pencil. As time spent drawing on paper or coloring with crayons is swapped for screen time, key fine motor skills remain underdeveloped. But screen time can also solve the problem and prepare kids for the pencil-and-paper tasks they encounter in school. Mrs. Judd’s Games’ new app, CHALK WALK, is designed to fill in the blank: young hands get needed exercise as they use a thumb & finger pincer grip to play this fun, innovative, teacher-designed game.
Typical iPad tracing games ignore this need for children build awareness of hand positioning required for success in school. CHALK WALK helps focus a child's attention on this skill and offers clever tracing lines that bend and twist before the player's eyes. Children can relate to the familiar activity of drawing and after playing CHALK WALK, we hope they are encouraged to practice their new skills by creating their own drawings with real sidewalk chalk.
CHALK WALK's colorful, fanciful maps offer children a journey through the unique sidewalks of places like Kitty City and Crown Town. Players collect alphabet puzzle pieces and chase prizes as they make their way to Silly Town, where they are encouraged to create their own designs with loops and squiggles that will give their hands—and imaginations—a workout!
The video playback feature offers children a chance to study their own moving "chalk lines" and motivate them to try again, just for fun!
- encourages fine-motor flexibility/exercise
- builds awareness of hand positioning
- left-hand icon option is included in settings menu
- clearly demonstrates/reinforces thumb-finger pincer grip
- alphabet puzzle pieces create an emerging literacy task
- animated tracing lines promote left-to-right progression
- photos of unique sidewalks inspire an awareness of beauty and diversity in our world
- fanciful maps point the way to pretend worlds and imaginative thinking.
- endless opportunity to revisit, and refine one's work
- video play-back motivates a child to study their progress in an active way
- reset button offers teachers and parents the option to give new players a fresh start
- April 16, 2012 Initial release
- April 16, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 17, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- April 23, 2012 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- May 03, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- May 05, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 30, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- June 01, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- June 02, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- June 06, 2012 New version 1.3
- June 30, 2012 New version 1.4
- July 10, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 11, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 13, 2012 New version 1.4.1
- July 13, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- July 14, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- July 27, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- July 28, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- September 07, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- September 08, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- September 26, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 28, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 04, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- October 09, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- October 11, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- October 13, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- November 02, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- November 03, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 26, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 11, 2012 New version 2.0
- December 15, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- January 19, 2013 New version 2.1
- February 01, 2013 New version 2.2
- April 26, 2013 New version 2.3
- August 01, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- August 31, 2013 New version 2.4