What's New* Your favorite app is now available on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 as well!
* We have added some exciting options in the Settings screen to make this app more interesting and fun.
Enjoy and have fun!
App DescriptionWhether you are a speech language pathologist or a parent you will find the Category Carousel app a fun way to increase and enhance a child's vocabulary. The ability to categorize and subcategorize words and concepts is a skill necessary to build, store, and retrieve words leading to better comprehension and expressive language skills.
Choose a category (or multiple categories) and let children touch the pictures, hear the word, and then sort them by dragging them into various categories. Once pictures have been dragged into a category users can touch the category and watch it split into sub-categories, encouraging the child to think about words in multiple ways. Audio reinforcement and correction are included in this fun and educational app.
Categories and subcategories found within:
• Animals (birds, bugs, farm, water, jungle, forest)
• Transportation (land, water, sky)
• Clothing (body, head, feet)
• Food (breakfast, deserts, drinks, meat, fruit, vegetables)
• Household (cleaning, furniture, toys, tools, bathroom, kitchen)
January 29, 2014 New version 1.3
November 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
November 12, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
April 11, 2012 Initial Release