* Big Blue from Bed Bath and Beyond™ is back! Check out our featured coupons on the top of the home screen.
* Are you searching for coupons for a surprise gift? (Is that even a thing? It should be!) Then you might want to clear your search history from the profile screen. That button has always worked by the way, but now you get a nice little message so that you know for sure your history was cleared.
* Do you think the camera screen looks leaner? We removed the QR code scan mode feature from the camera. Snapping coupons still includes automatic detection of barcodes, though. This is just the beginning of the camera-related enhancements coming to SnipSnap!
Here at SnipSnap HQ we are cooking up some exciting new features to save you money, but sometimes we also have to work on boring little back end changes that help make the app work better--we did some of those too in this release. Yay!
Never forget a coupon at home again! The biggest collection of in-store coupons of any app.
• Updated for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and 6 Plus • About.com Reader's Choice - Best Shopping App • Appy Award • Featured by Apple • #1 Lifestyle app • Passbook enabled •
Toss out the scissors and let your iPhone camera do the clipping. Simply snap a picture of a printed offer, and SnipSnap magically converts all the text, images and barcodes into a mobile-optimized offer, which you can redeem off your screen. The app works at many national retailers, though not for manufacturer coupons (yet).
Gather up all the coupons you have lying around. Whether they're from the Sunday paper, the mail, or just ones you found buried in your purse or couch, SnipSnap will mobilize them in a matter of minutes. When you get to a store, pull up the coupon barcode, promo code, or photograph and present to the cashier to redeem.
Don't have any coupons handy to scan? Use the Discover screen of the app to see what coupons your friends and family have snipped. You can also snip from or follow our featured coupon bundles, and search our massive database of coupons to find one on demand. Best of all: We'll remind you when you enter a store you have coupons saved for, or when a coupon expiration date is nearing. Aw, snap!
• IN-STORE REMINDERS: When you enter a store, SnipSnap delivers a push notification to remind you what coupons you have saved there.
• SCANS ALL COUPONS: Whether you get coupons from the newspaper, mail, magazines or elsewhere, you can import all of them into the app.
• FOLLOW FRIENDS: Connect to friends from your address book, Facebook, or Twitter accounts. Option to share your couponing activity to Facebook.
• EXPIRATION DATE ALERTS: Get notified when your coupons' expiration dates are approaching.
• STORE SUCCESS RATING: See how successful other users have been in redeeming at your favorite stores.
Clipping and saving coupons is the most classic way of saving money, but in today's digital world, it feels rather archaic. SnipSnap for iPhone lets you say goodbye to physical coupons.
—Leanna Lofte, iMore
The moment I managed to get 10% lopped off of a bill at an Indian restaurant thanks to a coupon someone else shared sealed the deal — I’m a couponer now (my girlfriend will be thrilled).
—Chris Velazco, TechCrunch
When the occasional need arises for a run to Bed Bath & Beyond, I rummage through the junk drawer ... It is no way to live, but now that I am using SnipSnap, my fruitless junk-drawer searches are a thing of the past.
—Matt Elliot, CNET
Before you buy anything online or off, search first to see if there's coupons for it. The coupon app SnipSnap is great for finding and loading coupons into your mobile phone.
—The Today Show
LOCATION REPORTING: SnipSnap primarily uses Apple's approved method for reporting location changes in the background. Note that this is primarily invoked and reported upon a significant location change event -- e.g. moving between two cell towers -- or if you are within close proximity to a mall or shopping center, when the GPS is briefly activated. As a result it does not typically cause the battery to be drained (unless you are, say, driving all day in the car). Location reporting can be easily disabled via the "Location Notifications" toggle in the Settings screen. (Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
** Works at most retail, restaurant and local businesses. Manufacturer coupons (redeemed at grocery stores) not supported yet, but will work with a future app update. **
- May 04, 2012 Initial release
- May 22, 2012 New version 1.3
- July 29, 2012 New version 1.4
- August 01, 2012 New version 1.4.1
- December 14, 2012 New version 2.0
- December 24, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- January 12, 2013 New version 2.1
- February 27, 2013 New version 2.2
- March 22, 2013 New version 2.2.1
- May 04, 2013 New version 2.3
- May 13, 2013 New version 2.3.1
- May 29, 2013 New version 2.3.2
- June 23, 2013 New version 2.3.3
- July 15, 2013 New version 2.4
- October 07, 2013 New version 2.4.1
- October 08, 2013 New version 2.4.2
- November 20, 2013 New version 2.4.3
- December 31, 2013 New version 2.5
- January 08, 2014 New version 2.5.1
- February 09, 2014 New version 2.5.2
- February 16, 2014 New version 2.5.3
- April 07, 2014 New version 2.5.4
- May 22, 2014 New version 2.6
- July 11, 2014 New version 2.7
- July 22, 2014 New version 2.8
- August 30, 2014 New version 2.8.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 2.9
- November 21, 2014 New version 2.9.1
- January 24, 2015 New version 3.0
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.0.2
- March 08, 2015 New version 3.0.4
- March 16, 2015 New version 3.0.5
- April 14, 2015 New version 3.1
- July 02, 2015 New version 3.2
- July 11, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- August 01, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- August 05, 2015 New version 3.3.1