- Updates for iOS7
Curly’s pocket guide to running, jumping, swimming, cycling, riding, kicking, lifting, poking, hitting, rowing, firing and throwing things is here to guide you through the wonderful world of sport.
Curly's guide is a sporting encyclopaedia, guiding you through 76 amazing events, from cricket and golf to canoeing and gymnastics. Curly explains the rules simply, comprehensively, and with none of the boring jargon you’ll find elsewhere. She even has lots of tips, tactics and tidbits to make you an expert in minutes.
Curly's guide features:
- A beautifully illustrated card for each sport
- 76 sports explained with complete rules and illustrations
- Tips and tactics for all events
- Witty stories from the sporting archives
- Amazingly interesting facts
- Fully searchable list of sports
- Share facts and tidbits with friends on Twitter, Facebook and email
With Curly in your pocket, you'll never get your saltos and somersaults, finns and 49ers or skeets and traps mixed up again. All those fouls and disqualifications will seem a doodle. Curly answers the questions you've always wondered about but have never asked, like 'what happens if a pole vault snaps?' or 'how many cups of tea can you fit in a swimming pool?' She may seem silly at times, but Curly knows the rules, and is dedicated to spreading the love of sport.
To use Curly's guide, swipe through the cards to find the sport you're looking for. With one tap the card will turn over to reveal the complete rules, told simply with easy-to-understand illustrations and fascinating, funny, sharable facts.
"This neat little app, laid out to look like a deck of cards, will feed your hunger for those obscure sporting events you've come to love." Metro
"Wonderfully illustrated." Creative Review
"Quicker to load and easier to follow than the BBC." The Sunday Times
"Curly’s Pocket Guide features user-friendly graphics and little-known facts to demystify the rules of all the Olympic sports." The Independent on Sunday
"Sure to come in handy this summer as spectators struggle to get to grips with rhythmic gymnastics, the modern pentathlon and other Olympic delights." Design Week
"The handiest app to have in your sweaty palm is Curly’s Pocket Guide to Sports. Super illustrations, too.” Sport Magazine
- June 25, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.6
- January 31, 2013 New version 1.5
- October 31, 2012 New version 1.4
- July 23, 2012 New version 1.3
- June 23, 2012 New version 1.2
- June 06, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- June 04, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- April 30, 2012 New version 1.1
- April 16, 2012 Initial release