148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: FLAWED WONDER :: Read Our Full Review >>
One of the best RPGs of the 1990s comes to the iPad. It's still great but that greatness is marred by some serious control issues.
What's New* Newly Enhanced User Interface
* New unique default colors for every race and class during character creation
* Cross-platform Multiplayer Match-Making (Beta)
* Custom portraits now only require a large portrait and will scale and resize from resolutions up to 1024
* Spellcasters can now select the same spell to be memorized more than once during character creation
* New, sharper fonts
* Locked containers will now highlight green for thieves
* Movies now offer subtitles (change this option in the Language screen)
* Rasaad's kit changed to Sun Soul Monk
* Shadowdancer kit rebalanced
* New Language support for: Italian, Polish, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Spanish
* Dual-class characters now receive the correct number of hit points when imported
* Arriving on the east side of an area now correctly places the party at the edge of the map
* Spells that can be written into the mage’s spellbook now display a green overlay
* User journal entries created during multiplayer no longer appear as invalid strings when created
* Characters that deplete a stack of ammunition will now automatically switch to the next stack if one is available
* The game no longer remains paused after resting (this prevents duplicate spawns from appearing in towns or other areas where rest is interrupted)
App DescriptionThe dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
December 19, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
December 19, 2013 New version 1.2
October 05, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
June 13, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $5.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release