What's New• We have fixed the problem with the quiet sound on iPhones. All audio is now louder on all iPhone models. This was not an issue on other devices.
• If you're listening to music on your device, this will now fade out if you play any dictionary audio
App DescriptionDo you speak Spanish and want to learn English? The Diccionario Oxford Pocket is a popular bilingual dictionary that is used and trusted by Spanish-speaking learners of English to develop their vocabulary and language skills. You can look up a word in either Spanish or English to find its translation, hear English words pronounced, and learn how to use them correctly.
The Diccionario Oxford Pocket is a best-seller, and is now available as an app with the full A-Z dictionary, real voice (not text to speech) audio, and My View to customize your screen. The app is developed by the same team of editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find the word you want
• Search for the word you want in either English or Spanish, and switch dictionary sides with one tap
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• Find a word even if you don’t know the spelling with the ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search
• Swipe right and left to move through the dictionary alphabetically
• All the dictionary text is live – tap any word in an entry to look it up
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Improve your pronunciation
• Listen to the high quality, real-voice audio pronunciation of the English words in both British and American English
• Practise your pronunciation: hear words pronounced with British and American accents, record yourself saying the words and compare your pronunciation
• No internet access required to access the audio content
Personalize your learning
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, pictures, cross-references – tap to show the full entry again
• Create your own list of Favourite words, and create Folders to organize and store them
Learn more with a dictionary that’s specifically written for Spanish-speaking learners of English
• More than 69,000 words, phrases and examples – extensive coverage to meet the needs of English language learners
• The most important words to learn in English are clearly marked with a key (the Oxford 3000™)
• Hundreds of colour illustrations, which you can enlarge and explore to further extend your vocabulary
• Study all English verb forms and hear them pronounced
• Extra information, written especially for Spanish-speaking learners of English, appears in usage notes, for example related vocabulary, grammar and cultural information
• Build your topic vocabulary using pre-loaded Topics that bring together words to talk about Computing, Jobs, Sports, etc.
• Tap on any IPA to bring up a key to the phonetic symbols
January 26, 2013 New version 1.2.1
December 20, 2012 Price Decrease: $16.99 -> $12.99
December 20, 2012 New version 1.2
October 25, 2012 New version 1.1
April 07, 2012 Initial Release