148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GOOD SHOW, OLD CHAP :: Read Our Full Review >>
It's not exactly brimming with deep combo systems or intuitive counter attacks, but Puncho Fighto is a clever little iOS fighter.
What's New- game center support for playing online (fast connections only)
- screen auto-changes orientation
- game music no longer interferes with background music
- various other bug fixes
App DescriptionPuncho Fighto is a 2D fighting game designed for the touch screen. Here's a gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLBvaruUnU
Moves are performed by tapping and swiping on the screen. Special moves are two-part swipes; i.e., swiping down and then towards your opponent will perform Zong's fireball. You'll get the hang of it quickly - it's a cool alternative to on-screen buttons and it feels natural with a little practice. Check the move lists in the help menu for details.
Although it's not as sophisticated as some modern fighting games, Puncho was made with love and is unique enough to keep you interested for a while.
There are three styles of play:
1. Story mode - a single-player battle versus 5 opponents with 5 AI difficulty levels
2. Two-player mode - play against a friend on the same device using split-screen (works best on iPad)
3. Online mode - use game center to play against anyone in the world (in-app purchase required to unlock character selection and leaderboards)
Note: The character story lines are not finished - sorry!
Note 2: Online multiplayer works well on a fast connection but should be considered in beta otherwise.
Note 3: The game now uses analytics to track a small amount of anonymous data - basically just so I can tell how many people are playing.
Thanks to everybody who has downloaded, reviewed and even paid for my game!
January 06, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
September 05, 2012 New version 1.1.2
August 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
June 01, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release