support for English and German added (the App will adjust to the iOS language)
Learn the pronunciation, vocabulary, its declensions and the plural form of the German nouns.
“DerDieDas I” is part of the easy and practical methodology of exercises of “The Schneider method” , which are directed to learn the German language in an easy and enjoyable way. The vocabulary covers over 1.000 selected words, divided in two volumes: "DerDieDas I" and "DerDieDas II"
The characteristics of this App are the following:
- Essential vocabulary: a selection of the most common and useful words ordered by object
- German native pronunciation: the student will be able to listen how the German words and their corresponding plural forms are pronounced.
- Easy learning of the gender (masculine, feminine or neuter) of the selected words: the student will be able to discover in an enjoyable way the meaning, gender and plural forms of the german vocabulary selected. The learning is strengthened by introducing different colors, depending on the gender of the words, that is, masculine (blue), feminine (pink) and neuter (grey).
Thus, “DerDieDas” of “The Schneider method” represents the perfect tool for the sometimes difficult task of learning the gender and plural forms of the german nouns. In German there are no clear rules to determinate whether a noun is masculine, feminine or neuter. Furthermore, the plural forms do not follow any rules. In addition genders in English and German do not always match up so the student must learn each case by heart.
But, why is it so important to know the gender of the German nouns? Leaving aside the need of using the language properly, we must take into account that the declensions are the base of the German language and knowing the gender and the plural forms is an essential requirement in order to decline the german nouns properly.
BUY IT NOW AND START TO IMPROVE YOUR GERMAN SKILLS!!
App for iPhone/iPad (all versions)
It requires iOS 4.1 or higher
- January 27, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- June 14, 2014 Initial release