Support for the 33 note music box has been added.
Dragging a note off the strip to delete has been reinstated.
Converting between strip sizes has been improved.
Fonts updated for more complete character support.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Create your own Music Box music, and easily share your compositions with others.
Designed to aid composing your own music prior to punching the paper strips for Music Boxes, MBC allows you to compose, preview, play, save and share your creations via Twitter, Facebook, Email or iTunes file transfer.
A small but growing library of Music Box Strips can be viewed here, via webplayer or loading into MBC on device:
Demo of composing, printing, punching an playing:
- Supports 15, 20 and 30 note music boxes.
- Share your compositions with others via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
- Multiple undo
- Disable Notes for temporary changes
- Ripple edits
- Save and Load (access the save location via iTunes File Sharing)
- Sounds sampled from physical Music Boxes
- Save strip to PDF/JPG file.
The physical Music Boxes with the paper punch strips and are great fun - what I found was missing was an easy way to preview either transpositions or original creations. This aims to fill that gap but it's also a fun music creation tool in it's own right.
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevice.
Note that there is a desktop version of MBC available from the Mac App Store, as well as desktop versions for other OS's from the Jellybiscuits site.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 New version 2.21
- October 02, 2014 New version 2.30
- November 20, 2014 New version 2.40
- December 01, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- December 12, 2014 New version 2.50