- Assorted bug repairs
- Name change
- Icon repair
Concealed handgun license holders can use this app to contact 911 emergency personnel and notify them of pertinent information during a crisis in which deadly force may be necessary.
In many cases, a concealed carry license holder may have only seconds to react, but in the event that an active shooter enters a building and the license holder has time to respond, it is important that the authorities know who's the good guy and who's the assailant.
After the Virginia Tech shooting, emergency response centers around the United States are upgrading their technology to accept text messages.
In the event of an emergency, CCW 911 Dialer sends a pre-written text message to 911 and then terminates and places a voice call to 911. The pre-written text message will contain important information such as the user's name, location, and physical description. The line to 911 will remain open, and with the iPhone back in its holder or in the user's shirt pocket, voice commands and ambient noise will be captured and recorded by the 911 emergency call center.
1. Press Icon
2. Press "Call" for desired location.
3. Enter 3 digit code.
4. App Process:
- App opens SMS text message to 911. SMS message will be pre-written and unique to each physical location the user enters. User presses send.
- After SMS text is sent, the app terminates and calls 911. The line remains open with phone in CCW holder's pocket, shirt pocket, or holder. The CCW holder can speak and give 911 personnel verbal updates. Although the iPhone will likely be in the CCW holder's pocket, it should still pick up his/her voice and background sounds. Testing and practice is necessary for best results.
Multiple locations can be stored: Several custom locations can be added. These are places where the CCW holder is often likely to be (i.e. Work, Home, etc.). User will pre-write and customize the text of the SMS message for each location.
Text Message Example:
"My name is John Smith, TX DL# 00000001. I am a CHL license holder, and I am involved in a active incident where deadly force may be necessary. Send police to 55513 Commerce Ave., Austin, Texas, 78701. I am a white male, 5'8" tall, with blond hair, blue eyes, and a full beard. I am carrying a Glock 26 pistol. I am the good guy. Do not shoot me!!! You will now receive a phone call from me, and the line will remain open while I deal with the situation. The phone will be in my shirt pocket, and I will provide verbal updates if possible."
**If the user's city does not have 911 SMS capabilities, they can set the app to skip the SMS process.**
The entire process can be tested and practiced by pressing "Test." Instead of 911, the app will text and call a user-defined phone number.
Please check, read, understand, and follow all applicable local, state, and federal laws before using this app or engaging in a violent confrontation of any kind.
(CHL, CHP, CCW, CDWL, CWP, CWL, LTC, LTCF, CCDW, CPL)
- March 31, 2012 Initial release
- May 08, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- May 15, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- May 19, 2012 New version 1.1
- July 06, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- July 18, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99