148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: DETAILED, ACCURATE, PRICEY :: Read Our Full Review >>
This all-in-one exercise app offers many great features and is able to track a variety of exercise activities and provide detailed results. But not without a price.
What's NewThe start and end criteria is one of Bit of Exercise's most powerful feature and makes the app unique in its class. This update brings more hints in the dashboard to what the current start and end criteria are. The start button has also been changed to a smaller cancel icon to better show its intent, that is to cancel the waiting of the current start criteria and start the exercise or segment immediately. The previous start button was by many misinterpreted to be mandatory instead of exceptional.
Versions 2.1 also improves the history with more information displayed such as distance, time and fastest exercise. A bunch of bugs has also been resolved.
* The presentation of the start criterion at the bottom of the dashboard has been clarified.
* The previously called start button that was used to skip the start criterion has been changed to a less dominant cancel button to better state its intention.
* While recording the dashboard subtitle will now display the currently used end criterion.
* History cells now present an exercise's distance and duration as well.
* Both the dashboard and history now displays your fastest exercise within each activity with a plus badge icon.
* The formatting of times has been improved in several places such as statistics and history.
* Fixed a bug where music would not resume after an announcement.
* Fixed a bug where graphs were not rendered correctly for long multi segment exercises.
* Fixed a bug where the speed was displayed incorrectly while reviewing.
* Improved the presentation of splits close to the end of segments.
ABOUT VERSION 2.0
Version 2.0 of Bit of Exercise brought a brand new user interface with a new fresh design and a greatly improved user experience.
App DescriptionTake your outdoor activities, such as running, cycling and walking, to a new level with Bit of Exercise. No longer do you have to manually keep a record over your exercise data. Instead, Bit of Exercise will handle the recording of your exercises for you, using your iPhone's built in GPS. After completing an exercise you will be able to review it in detail, compare it with a reference and share it with friends, all without ever leaving your iPhone.
EVERY BIT OF EXERCISE COUNTS
Bit of Exercise introduces the concept of start and end criteria that fully automates the recording of exercises. No need to fiddle with your phone during your workout. Instead pocket your iPhone, take your time to warm up or tie your shoelaces and start at your convenience. Bit of Exercise will automatically start recording your exercise when you leave your current location and end it when you return.
As you are advancing, you will soon start to appreciate how Bit of Exercise allows you to combine your activities into multi-segment activity programs. This allows you to create more complex exercises, such as interval, multi-sport and hill training programs. You can set up start and end criteria based on locations, distances or durations for each individual segment. Combine this with the guidance from spoken announcements, and you have an amazing exercise coach in your iPhone.
After completing an exercise you will appreciate the immediate access to your results. Graphs and maps can be zoomed, and you can easily navigate to any location along your route for closer examination, all on your iPhone. No need to upload your exercise data to a website to be able to properly analyze it. Neither do you have to setup any accounts or pay any monthly fees.
The interface of Bit of Exercise is surprisingly simple considering the amount of features that it contains. Thanks to the tailor made app navigation, both new users and more advanced users will appreciate a clean interface that is efficient and fun to use.
INNOVATIVE AND UNIQUE FEATURES
• Easy and efficient user interface for both new and advanced users.
• Start and end criteria for automated recording.
• Combine activities into arbitrary complex exercise programs.
• Detailed examination of exercise data along routes.
* Reuse groups of related settings using profiles.
INTUITIVE RECORDING AND REVIEWING
• Feature rich dashboard for recording and reviewing.
• Compete against and compare results with a reference.
• No need to visit a website for detailed analysis of exercise data.
• Exercise statistics for tracking progress over time.
• Share results with Facebook, Twitter, RunKeeper and Daily Mile.
• Connect to Wahoo Bluetooth 4.0 BTLE sensors to measure heart rate and cadence.
FLEXIBLE AND FEATURE RICH SETTINGS
• Highly configurable, professionally spoken announcements.
• Auto pause detection for removal of non-active time.
• Use headphone remote to pause and resume exercises.
• Easy import and export of exercise data using popular exchange formats.
• Handles multiple activities and their settings with ease.
"The app boasts an incredible amount of detail. The stand-out feature, at least for me, is the ability to choose when Bit of Exercise starts tracking my workout."
Jennifer Beese - Todays iPhone
"Overall I’d have to say that I have enjoyed using this app. It does have a lot of great features that many other apps do not offer."
Michael Halloran - 148Apps
"The announcements make me feel like I have a personal trainer! This is a brilliant app. Well worth the money!"
jenbee6 - App Store
** If you have previously used the Lite version of Bit of Exercise you will be able to import your Lite exercise data to the full version at first launch.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
May 15, 2013 New version 2.3
April 16, 2013 New version 2.2
March 28, 2013 New version 2.1
February 28, 2013 New version 2.0
December 13, 2012 New version 1.3
November 20, 2012 New version 1.2
September 20, 2012 Initial Release