148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: DETAILED, ACCURATE, PRICEY :: Read Our Full Review >>
This all-in-one exercise app offers many great features and is able to track a variety of exercise activities and provide detailed results. But not without a price.
What's NewBug fixes and stability improvements.
What is new in 3.0:
• The interface has been updated up to be more in line with iOS 7.
• Categories are now called activities and activities are called workouts.
• A new end exercise screen has been introduced for easier sharing and applying of annotations and tags.
• Adding and editing workouts and program segments is now easier and more efficient.
• The dashboard has lost its mid bar in favor of larger and more flexible panes.
• A fifth pane has been added with an exercise summary while reviewing and four enlarged displays while recording.
• You can now switch between a darker night and a brighter day mode.
• The split pane now shows more details about each split.
• The top displays can be hidden to increase the size of the map, graphs and splits.
• A new control panel consolidates many settings and actions.
• The sharing panel now supports airdrop and opening of exercises in other apps.
Annotations & Tags
• You can now annotate your exercises with tags, notes and how you felt.
• Tags can be used to track equipment, competitions, weather etc.
• Tags can be automatically applied to new exercises belonging to an activity, workout or sensor profile.
• Each tag tracks statistics for its exercises so you can extract milage for your shoes etc.
New History Log
• The exercise history is now unified into one history log accessible from the dashboard.
• You can now filter your log between all, activity or workout, directly from the history.
• Statistics are now shown in the section headers either grouped by month or week.
• Imports and exports are now run in the background and won’t block the UI.
• Dailymile import is now supported (route import is not supported).
• Your history can now be searched.
App DescriptionBit of Exercise not only keeps track of all your workouts but also introduces fully automated recording, the most advanced program creation yet and very detailed reviewing of your results - all on your iPhone.
KEEPS TRACK OF ALL YOUR WORKOUTS
Bit of Exercise is ideal for running, walking and cycling, but works great for most activities, outdoor as indoor. It guides you through your workouts using spoken announcements and lets you review your results in detail. It is almost as if you had a personal trainer in your iPhone.
EVERY BIT OF EXERCISE COUNTS
Bit of Exercise will automatically start recording your exercise when you leave your current location and end it when you return. No need to fiddle with your phone during your workout.
After completing your exercise, you can annotate it with tags, notes and how you felt and share your results with friends on Facebook, Twitter and RunKeeper.
Finally, start analyzing your results in full detail right on your iPhone. Graphs and maps can be zoomed, and you can easily navigate to any location along your route for closer examination and comparison with your reference exercise.
As you are advancing you can easily build all kinds of workout programs, such as interval, multi-sport and hill training programs. Bit of Exercise allows you to freely combine any number of segments, and to assign them with individual start and end criteria.
** Bit of Exercise is free to download and evaluate. The unlimited version is unlocked using an in-app purchase.
• Use the same feature rich dashboard both for recording and reviewing.
• Examine your exercise data in detail using displays, graphs, maps and splits.
• Configure displays and graphs to your liking and switch between day and night mode.
FLEXIBLE WORKOUTS & SEGMENTS
• Set up criteria to automate the start and end of exercises and segments.
• Use basic criteria based on distance, duration or reaching a location.
• Or use smart criteria such as start when leaving and end when reaching exercise start.
• Freely combine segments into arbitrary complex programs.
FULLY AUTOMATED RECORDING
• Get guidance and reports of your progress from spoken announcements.
• Watch your progress and how you compare with your reference in displays, graphs and maps in real-time.
• Let auto-pause detection remove non-active time from your exercises.
RICH ANNOTATIONS & STATISTICS
• Annotate your exercises with tags, notes and how you felt.
• Tag your exercises to keep track of equipment, events and conditions.
• Study weekly, monthly and yearly exercise statistics to see your progress over time.
TRULY DETAILED REVIEWING
• Use the progress bar to move your position to any part of your exercise for closer examination.
• Zoom in on maps, graphs and splits to reveal more information.
• Compare your results with your reference.
• Find previous exercises in your history using search and filtering.
CONVENIENT SHARING, IMPORT & EXPORT
• Share your results with friends at Facebook, Twitter, RunKeeper and dailymile.
• Import your previous exercise history from RunKeeper and dailymile
• Import and export your exercise data using popular exchange formats such as GPX, TCX, KML and CSV.
BROAD SENSOR SUPPORT
• Benefit from enhanced GPS data thanks to advanced filtering.
• Improve your performance by using the built-in pedometer to measure your cadence and stride.
• Connect your ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 BTLE sensors to measure your heart rate, bike cadence and distance.
"The app boasts an incredible amount of detail. The stand-out feature, at least for me, is the ability to choose when Bit of Exercise starts tracking my workout." - Jennifer Beese / Todays iPhone
"Overall I’d have to say that I have enjoyed using this app. It does have a lot of great features that many other apps do not offer." - Michael Halloran / 148Apps
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
March 07, 2014 New version 3.1.1
February 05, 2014 New version 3.1
January 25, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
January 25, 2014 New version 3.0.2
November 16, 2013 New version 2.5.3
September 26, 2013 New version 2.5.2
July 01, 2013 New version 2.4
September 20, 2012 Initial Release