- Improves stability when exiting and re-entering the app, in case the game was removed while in the background
- Fixed a rare problem when completing a Spellmaster game submitting a final word just as the timer completed which could sometimes cause the game to be lost.
- The Sudoku Zen theme is back!
Love word games? Then look no further - Astraware Word Games is the best brain-teasing pack of 5 different word games for iPhone and iPad!
Each game has a choice of difficulty levels or grid sizes and options for Classic or Timed games. All 5 games include instructions and tips on how to play. Complete the featured daily puzzle for each of the mini-games, activate delightful doodles which are drawn before your eyes as you find the right words! Compare your word power with Game Center friends and aim for the most points to top our global leaderboards!
The 5 games are:
* Shuffle - Find anagrams and make as many words as you can with the letters provided including the 5, 6 or 7 letter target word to unlock the next level. The more small words you get, the bigger your score. Use the Shuffle button to spin, twist and mix the letters up and help yourself spot more words!
* Hexxed - Make words by tracing your finger through the tiles to make a chain within the hexagonal grid! Two play modes - limited tiles or limited time. Create long, interesting or unusual words to keep your word power score up and earn more tiles or time!
* Wordsearch - Find all the listed words within the grid of letters, horizontally vertically, or diagonally! Play using the standard dictionary, or choose from over 8 special lists of themed words!
* Gridlock - Make words by tracing your fingers through the letters to make a chain. As you make words this lights up the tiles. Light up the whole grid to level up! New levels bring new board shapes and board sizes to complete, each with a different challenge. Use special tiles to boost your word power, score bonus points and help you to solve the trickiest puzzles!
* Spellmaster - Challenge your spelling skills against words of increasing difficulty. Choose the correct spelling from a choice of 4 words, 3 of which are misspelled! Easy at first, it gets more challenging as you are tested on words that you certainly don’t see every day!
The game also includes a built-in dictionary where you can check the definitions of obscure words. Access it through the Bookcase tab or by tapping on a word while you play! It will also keep a handy text scrapbook of the recent words you've seen in case you want to find out what a new word means and you can even share the definition on Facebook or Twitter!
View the bookcase full of awards to see various achievements within the game, each of which is based on a classic book, with its own custom doodle for you to see!
- June 14, 2012 Initial release
- August 21, 2012 New version 1.10.002
- August 21, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- August 22, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- September 30, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 15, 2015 New version 1.30.0
- October 28, 2015 New version 1.31.0