Mactrast: ★★★★☆ iWordJuggle is brilliant. It’s unique, fun and addictive.
HotMacApps & Appdictions: ★★★★☆ Overall we love this game and highly recommend it.
Freshapps: iWordJuggle is a truly original word game in a category crowded with games that are poorly-disguised ripoffs of one another.
When I created the game I looked at a lot of word games on the App Store and there were a few things I didn’t like. So I said to myself I can do something better. I will name three “features” which this game doesn’t have, but that’s what makes it stand out of the crowd:
** Timers. Which in my opinion put pressure on the gamer. I tried, by not including a timer, to create a more “Hey, I got 5 minutes to kill” feeling to it. Casual & Relaxed.
** Showing how many words are left to be found. As I see it, this takes away the thrill of the game, I feel this turns the game into a “Find me THIS many words”. By not showing how many words are left, a ”Can I stop now, or could I find more and improve my high score?” feeling is always present. Casual & Competitive.
** Giving the user random letters or a word to scramble. It’s either completely random, or almost predefined. Well, I took a different approach and give you a set of 15 random words, from which you will choose 3 to play with. You can random the words again and again, but the 3 words must be chosen from the same set. Randomness & Control.
Another element that further increases the diversity, but at the same time complements the above feature is that you can choose how many letters shall the 15 random words have:
** Do you want a long, relaxing game? You shall choose only 6 letter words.
** Do you rather want a really competitive game? You can choose only 4 letter words.
** Or maybe you want a diversified game? Then choose the words to randomly have from 4 to 6 letters. Everyone gets a piece of pie here!
The full features list:
** 5 color themes (black, gray, baby blue, jade and creamy beige).
** 2 tiles colors (wood and metallic gray). The wood is default, the gray one is an IAP.
** Landscape and left-handed support.
** Game Center integration with Leaderboards and Achievements.
** A “Compete mode” where you get to freely choose your words, in case you have a friend/kid you would like to play against (Highscore submission to Game Center is disabled during this mode, for obvious reasons).
** Puts emphasis on finding long words by increasing bonus points the longer the word, adding another layer of competitiveness to this casual friendly game.
** Split leaderboards for each difficulty category.
** Top 10 local Hall of Fame, also split for each difficulty category.
** A great minimalistic and friendly interface.
** It’s suited for game addicts as much as it is for casual gamers, as well as for teaching your kids.
- April 13, 2012 Initial release
- April 21, 2012 New version 1.1
- April 27, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- April 28, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- May 06, 2012 New version 1.11
- May 13, 2012 New version 1.12
- June 02, 2012 New version 1.13
- June 19, 2012 New version 1.14
- July 01, 2012 New version 1.15
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.16
- September 02, 2012 New version 1.2
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.3
- September 25, 2012 New version 1.4
- October 05, 2012 New version 1.51
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.52
- November 11, 2012 New version 1.53
- November 19, 2012 New version 1.54
- December 01, 2012 New version 1.55
- December 15, 2012 New version 1.6
- January 12, 2013 New version 1.61
- January 18, 2013 New version 1.62
- February 04, 2013 New version 1.63
- February 08, 2013 New version 1.65
- February 16, 2013 New version 1.66
- March 02, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 09, 2013 New version 1.7
- March 18, 2013 New version 1.71
- March 25, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 07, 2013 New version 50