We don’t mean to get your heart pounding, but it’s time once again for an update to the WeMo app. Alluringly dubbed v1.13.4, this update contains a bevy of fixes and improvements:
• We fixed issues that caused WeMo devices to occasionally fail to appear in the WeMo app.
• We fixed some memory leaks in the WeMo device firmware.
• You can now use passwords longer than 45 characters in your home network. For a handful of folks with impressively long network passwords, we created a very inconvenient situation with our previous updates. We regret that.
• Issues with the wrong number of LED bulbs being indicated, or bulbs being inexplicably grayed out, have been fixed. You’ll be glad to know we have also repaired the “fade in” function in your rules so the bulbs don’t snap on, terrifying you and exacerbating hangovers.
• New product support! WeMo now works with Cree Connected LED Bulbs. All week we’ve been running around the office yelling, “CREEEEEEEE!!!” (Try it.)
This is one of many upcoming releases that are part of a concerted effort to improve the WeMo experience. We’ve been reaching out to our users directly to get feedback on what could be improved, and we invite you to participate in that conversation at:
Thank you for supporting us, and for your patience with our process.
With the WeMo app, you can control all of your WeMo products from anywhere on your iPhone or iPad.
Be at home even when you’re not
WeMo is a family of products that you can use to control just about anything in your home – from anywhere. Adjust the temperature on your Crock-Pot® Smart Slow Cooker when you are running late at work, make sure the kids’ TV turns off at bedtime, and light up a dark room before you walk in. WeMo is designed to make your life a whole lot easier.
Set it, forget it, and get notifications
Don’t ever worry that you left your porch light on by setting a rule to turn off at sunrise, set alerts to let you know when your dryer cycle is done so your clothes won’t get wrinkled, and have your lights and electronics deter intruders by simulating occupancy while you are lying on a beach in Hawaii.
These are just some of the things you can do with the WeMo app.
Integrate WeMo with IFTTT
With IFTTT (if this then that), you can connect your home to the web for endless possibilities. Set your sprinklers to stay off when rain is in the forecast or have the lights come on when you approach your front door. You can even have the lights flash when your favorite team scores.
If you can think of it, you can probably WeMo That.
Check out what else you can do with WeMo at:
- May 07, 2012 Initial release
- May 07, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- June 15, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- June 23, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- August 02, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.1.3
- October 11, 2012 New version 1.1.5
- November 17, 2012 New version 1.1.8
- January 03, 2013 New version 1.1.9
- April 03, 2013 New version 1.2.0
- April 05, 2013 New version 188.8.131.52
- July 17, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- September 10, 2013 New version 184.108.40.206
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- October 17, 2013 New version 1.2.3
- November 21, 2013 New version 1.4
- January 09, 2014 New version 1.4.1
- February 09, 2014 New version 1.4.2
- April 19, 2014 New version 1.5.1
- May 20, 2014 New version 1.6
- July 11, 2014 New version 1.7
- August 19, 2014 New version 1.8
- August 27, 2014 New version 220.127.116.11
- September 16, 2014 New version 1.8.1
- October 03, 2014 New version 1.9
- November 12, 2014 New version 1.9.1
- December 01, 2014 New version 1.10
- December 05, 2014 New version 1.10.1
- January 06, 2015 New version 1.10.2
- March 26, 2015 New version 1.11
- April 15, 2015 New version 1.11.1
- May 06, 2015 New version 1.12
- August 13, 2015 New version 1.13
- September 20, 2015 New version 1.13.2
- November 05, 2015 New version 1.13.4