App Descriptionâ€śMY TOKYO MAPâ€ť the sightseeing support tool presented by Tokyo Tourist Information Center
â€śMY TOTKYO MAPâ€ť is a great app to enjoy strolling around Tokyo. It shows a rich variety of tourist spots on maps, indicating your current location. In this time, it features Asakusa, one of the most popular tourist areas in Tokyo. Donâ€™t miss it!
* MY TOKYO MAP shows your current location on the tourist maps by using GPS.
* As the indication mark of your current position moves on the maps by following the information of GPS, you can easily check your current location.
* By touching landmarks on the tourist maps, you can see the information of historical sites and famous photo spots.
* The tourist maps can be switched to GoogleMaps.
* When the tourist maps are switched to GoogleMaps and vice versa, the app maintains the proper geographical orientation by using its rotation function.
* MY TOKYO MAP fully supports the high-resolution display of iPhone4.
* The images of tourist maps, historical maps, Japanese woodblock prints and so on, used in this app, are provided through the cooperation of the below organizations.
- National Diet Library http://www.ndl.go.jp/en/index.html
- Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Cultural History http://ch.kanagawa-museum.jp/
- Jinbunsha Co., Ltd http://www.jinbunsha.co.jp/
1. This app shows your location using GPS. Using on iPod Touch, it might not show the accurate current position.
2. No modification is done to the images of original historical maps and original Japanese woodblock prints used in this app.
3. We cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of locations on the maps because of the distortion of the original maps and the GPS accuracy. We would like you to enjoy the original uncertainty of the historical maps.
4. We have no intention of violating human rights by disclosing the maps and other images used in this app.
January 22, 2013 New version 1.01
March 23, 2012 Initial Release