148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GET IN THE MIX :: Read Our Full Review >>
Cross DJ allows DJ’s to get in the mix with their favorite music, record it, and share it with the world.
What's New• It is now necessary to have at least iOS 6 to use the app.
• Bluetooth connection bug fixed.
• Various bug fixes.
App DescriptionMix, scratch, sample, record: rock great parties with top-DJ features.
Real DJing on iPad: turn your iPad into a complete DJ system. Mix your iTunes tracks in perfect sync, scratch, add effects, loops and more. Automix your songs for non-stop music. Record your set and share it on SoundCloud.
Music lovers, mix at your next party and impress your friends. Pro DJs, Cross DJ uses the same engine as Pioneer’s rekordbox. It’s like having 2 CDJs in your pocket.
Building on Mixvibes’ 10 years of expertise, the app is easy to use for music lovers, and powerful for experienced DJs. Achieve the same level of performance as with real decks!
“As a radio DJ, I use this app daily.” DTongSports
“With this app I can learn to play without investing any sum into turntables and vinyls.” Mishka
"Very user-friendly. Clean, simple and professional look and feel." Best-dj-software.com
ADVANCED DJ TECHNOLOGY
Scratch, loops, effects, hot cues: Cross DJ is the first app for iPad that provides pro DJ features in an intuitive design.
OPTIMIZED FOR iPAD
Cross DJ replicates the industry standard DJ setup: jog wheels, Cue/Play/Sync buttons, full-fledged mixer. The smart tab layout and big controls make the mix even easier.
STAY ON THE BEAT
Based on the same engine as our Mac DJ software, Cross DJ for iPad provides the most reliable synchronization tool and BPM analysis on the market. Plus, you can visually preview your mix using parallel waveforms and sync meter. To end with, you can edit accurate beat grids and pre-listen with split output mode.
2 pitch modes : Speed and Keylock. Mix tracks with different BPMs: no sound distortion.
START DJ THE EASY WAY
Cross DJ provides access to your iPad’s iTunes library and playlists. It’s the best way to get a feel for DJing, without any feature limitations. Stepping up to regular DJ decks will be easy, thanks to the app standard layout.
WORKS WITH YOUR CONTROLLER
Connect your iPad to an external mixer. Then, use Cross DJ for iPad like a touch-sensitive laptop. You can also control popular DJ MIDI controllers, from brands like Pioneer, Numark and Hercules - see list below (in-app feature.)
• 2 decks with realistic scratch
• Ultra-accurate synchronization and beat matching
• Complete DJ mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader and level meters
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display
• Direct access to your iPad iTunes library. Smart search with multicriteria filters
• Sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• 14 audio effects: Low-Pass, Hi-Pass, Echo, Delay, Phaser, X-Phaser, Flanger, Jet, Chopper, Crush, Brake, Roll, Cut, Bliss
• X/Y control pad for effects
• Live beatgrid editing
• Live recording
• Full editing of recorded mixes: title, description, artwork
• Direct upload of mixes to SoundCloud
• Share mixes directly to Facebook & Twitter
• Auto loops (1/8 to 32 beats)
• Slip mode loops
• 6 hot cues
• Pitch fader and pitch bend - Pitch range from 4% to 100%
• Split output function for headphones monitoring (requires Mixvibes’ DJ Cable)
• Multi-audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
• External mixer audio routing mode (channel A and B are routed to different outputs)
• Audio via Bluetooth
• All main audio formats compatible : MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, …
• Optimized Retina graphics
• 10 compatible controllers (in-app purchase, but 5 minutes of free testing) : Mixvibes U Mix Control Pro & U Mix Control Pro 2, Pioneer DDJ-WeGo, Numark Mixtrack Pro & Mixtrack Pro 2, Hercules DJ Console RMX 2, DJ Control Instinct, DJ Control AIR (requires Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit), Vestax Spin2 & Numark iDJ Live.
February 08, 2014 New version 1.6.3
January 25, 2014 New version 1.6.1
November 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
November 15, 2013 New version 1.4.2
May 18, 2012 Initial Release