The editors of National Geographic present the greatest adventure stories ever told! This app features amazing stories of explorers at the moment of discovery, and their adventures on journeys around the world — enhanced with video, stunning photography, and interactive graphics.
Immerse yourself in the world of adventure, and share the experiences through Facebook, Twitter, and email!
Featured content includes…
• Watching Explorer-in-Residence Robert Ballard discover the Titanic’s final resting place.
• Meeting the nominees for Adventurers of 2011, and watching them in action.
• Watching Alex Honnold scale both Half Dome and El Capitan — without ropes.
• Tracking Will Steger’s team on their Trans-Antarctic journey with an interactive map, and experiencing the -50˚F temps at the "bottom of the world" through raw video footage and stark photographs.
• Descending inside the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s Nyiragongo Volcano with scientists to study a belching, fuming lava lake — in hopes of saving the million and growing population of Goma.
• Plunging deep into the blue holes of the Bahamas with cave-diving scientists in search of clues to early life on Earth.
And much, much more……
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
- April 24, 2012 Initial release
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.1