- Dental Prescribing is now up to date with BNF 68 (Sep 2014) and BNFC 2014-15
- Includes recently updated changes to recommended adult and child doses of amoxicillin
SDCEP's popular 'Drug Prescribing For Dentistry' guidance is now available 'to go' with the introduction of the 'Dental Prescribing' app. A key new feature is the inclusion of direct links to the BNF website for drug interaction information.
The app aims to facilitate drug prescribing within primary care dental practice.
Dental Prescribing provides advice on the management of a range of dental conditions for both adults and children. This includes local measures and drug prescriptions that are based on the latest editions of the BNF and BNFC.
Information on the management of medical emergencies is also provided, including drug administration.
This app includes a search function, favourites and direct links to the BNF for drug interaction information.
SDCEP will review each new edition of the BNF and BNFC and intends to include
any necessary changes within ‘Drug Prescribing’ as a free update for at least two years following release of this app.
The Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme (SDCEP) is an initiative of the National Dental Advisory Committee and NHS Education for Scotland. The programme aims to provide user-friendly, evidence-based guidance for the dental profession in Scotland.
- April 10, 2012 Initial release
- May 25, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- July 20, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- February 14, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- June 01, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- December 04, 2013 New version 1.0.6
- April 16, 2014 New version 1.0.7
- August 11, 2014 New version 1.0.8
- October 14, 2014 New version 1.0.9
- February 10, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99