* fixed project removal option
* minor bugfixes
*** Winner of a Parents’ Choice Gold Award
"I highly recommend it for all kids, whether or not they want to get into programming. The kind of thinking required to solve the tasks in the app is important for everyone to learn, for every field of study."
-- Wired.com / Geek Dad
"Are you a computer geek that loves programming or are you a classroom teacher instructing on such skills as angles, measurement and two dimensional geometry? If you answered yes to either these, then you have come to the right educational app"
"I spent my formative tech-years trundling a robo-turtle around the floor while learning the Logo programming language. Now there's an app for that, although in this case the turtle is virtual"
-- The Guardian
*** Move the Turtle teaches children (ages 5+) the basics of programming (yes, we do mean coding!)
*** Challenges and rewards keep children (with parents' assistance) & teenagers (on their own) engaged!
*** NEW! *** Share procedures via public links!
*** NEW! *** See commands used in other users' procedures!
*** NEW! *** Import the procedures to your Move The Turtle app!
Move The Turtle is an educational application for iPhone and iPad that teaches children the basics of creating computer programs, using intuitive graphic commands.
Do you remember the Logo programming language? A friendly Turtle will introduce your child step by step to the basic concepts of programming in a colourful graphic environment. Who knows, maybe your child will be the next outstanding programmer!
By completing the tasks, one after another, your child learns:
*** how to plan complex activities composed of simple elements
*** how to reuse previously completed work
*** how to use graphics, spatial orientation and sound in programming
Your child will also become familiar with the notions of loops, procedures, variables and conditional instructions.
Programming is about more than completing tasks, it is also about implementing your own ideas using your imagination. With this in mind we give you the opportunity to create your own programs from scratch or based on our inspiring examples.
- August 08, 2012 Initial release
- November 26, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 27, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- March 06, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- August 29, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 31, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- September 09, 2013 New version 1.2.3
- December 11, 2013 New version 1.3.0
- February 24, 2014 New version 1.3.1
- April 10, 2014 New version 1.3.2
- May 04, 2015 New version 1.4
- May 24, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 11, 2016 New version 1.4.2