148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: POTENTIAL :: Read Our Full Review >>
Endless running with a ninja chicken thrown in for good measure.
What's New- Shuriken Chicken is now advertising supported and completely free
- Improved responsiveness of controls
App Description"Hidden gem. Seriously, if youâ€™re an endless runner fan (or even if youâ€™re not) youâ€™re probably going to love this one." - Arcadelife
"How often do we see ninja chickens that can jump high while flinging shurikens across the arena? Not often, Iâ€™d wager. More importantly, the visual style of Shuriken Chicken is pretty special." - 148apps
"The app is one heck of a running game, featuring incredible artwork, a quirky exterior, and mind-blowingly simple controls." - The iPhone App Review
"Shuriken Chicken is a running game that is both adorable and exciting at once." - AppDictions
"This game had me addicted by the first slide..." - UGR Gaming
Shuriken baddies that get in your way! Jump and slide to avoid obstacles and get Shuriken Chicken as far as you can with this fun title from Games for Gummie.
* Unique art style, all graphics were hand cut from felt and photographed
* Run through 3 different quirky, handcrafted levels
* Fun, action packed, and highly addictive gameplay
* Simple gesture based controls: swipe up to jump, swipe down to slide, tap to throw a shuriken
* Collect sweet shuriken power-ups
* Over 30 Game Center Achievements
* Game Center leaderboards: compete with friends and the world to see who can run the furthest distance
Players control Shuriken Chicken using three simple gestures anywhere on the screen: swipe up to jump, swipe down to slide, and tap to throw shurikens.
Gameplay is smooth and responsive, and the stocky chicken never stops moving his feet until he loses all his lives. The many sizes and colors of felt in different layers create a randomly textured world that is both beautiful and unique. Truly as much a hand-made, labor of love as an iOS game can be, Shuriken Chicken contains endless, witty, visual surprises and challenging, fast-paced gameplay.
July 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 21, 2012 New version 2.1
June 19, 2012 New version 2.0
April 26, 2012 Initial Release