☆ Search functionality
☆ Favourites folder
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
Lonely Planet’s brand new Australia country guide is here!
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
The ultimate guide to exploring Australia – from the prehistoric gorges of Kakadu National Park, to the white sails of the Sydney Opera House. Get the insider knowledge and recommendations of 13 expert Lonely Planet authors, combined with detailed maps and GPS – all of which work with no internet connection or data roaming fees. And you can bet we know Australia! This is where Lonely Planet was founded almost 40 years ago.
Whether you’re exploring the whole country, a region or a city, we have you covered:
☆ Offline maps covering all of Australia. View the entire country, and zoom-in to a region, city, neighbourhood or street. Quickly pin-point your location on any street in Australia - all without internet connect or data roaming fees.
☆ SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighbourhood, or type
☆ SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
☆ Thousands of author recommended places to visit & things to do – covering sights, shopping, restaurants, bars, hotels and activities.
☆ Background information and suggested itineraries by our expert authors for the entire country, regions, cities and neighbourhoods.
☆ Practicalities section covering everything from transport to travelling with kids.
☆ An intuitive, easy to use design where everything a traveller needs is only a few touches away
☆☆NOTE☆☆: While this app is incredibly easy to use, Australia is a big place, we cover it in detail, and our maps can locate you anywhere in the country (all without an internet connection). As such, the file size is ~100MB so you’ll need some patience as it downloads. It’ll be worth it.
You can also buy this Australia Travel Guide from within the free Lonely Planet Travel Guides app - a great idea if you want to view, purchase and store other Lonely Planet apps.
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
- April 07, 2012 Initial release
- April 20, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 01, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- August 07, 2012 New version 3.0
- December 01, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- December 12, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99