148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: EAT LIKE A CAVEMAN :: Read Our Full Review >>
Nom Nom Paleo is an interactive cookbook focused on providing users with detailed recipes and high definition photos specifically for the Paleolithic diet.
What's NewBug fixes and updates to fully support changes introduced by iOS 8, including:
Resolved "Back" and "Home" button issues
Note: iOS 8 is a really significant update, so if you're having any trouble with the app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Remember, the Nom Nom Paleo app is huge, so it might take a while to install. Go take a walk and come back!
App Description*** The Webby award winning bestselling app from Nom Nom Paleo, recognized by Saveur Magazine as the Best Special Diets Food Blog of 2012,Top 3 finalist for Best Cooking App in the 5th Annual Best App Ever Awards, and winner of thekitchn.com’s 2012 Homies Award for the Best Food Photography on a Blog! ***
All 128 recipes now unlocked upon download, including all 113 original recipes and 15 brand new recipes!
● Simple, tantalizing recipes, all free of gluten, soy, and added sugar, sortable by food category, searchable by ingredients, and approved for the Whole30® nutritional re-set program.
● Over 1,800 stunning, high-resolution photos showing every step of the cooking process.
● Two different views for each recipe – one that allows you to linger on each step, and a more traditional “Recipe Card” view that shows the ingredients, equipment, and cooking instructions all on one screen.
● Simple-to-follow instructions, including tips, shortcuts, and information about food and techniques.
● An interactive, email-friendly grocery list that makes food shopping a breeze.
● An extensive “Paleo 101” primer that explains the benefits of the “caveman” diet and provides resources for more information about ancestral health and nutrition.
● A Whole30-friendly 30-day meal plan with links to recipes.
● An in-depth shopping guide with product reviews and links to sources for cooking tools and ingredients.
● The ability to bookmark recipes, create a personalized category of favorite recipes, and add notes.
● A “constant-on” function to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook.
● The ability to email complete recipes and shopping lists.
● Mouth-watering, high-resolution images optimized to take full advantage of the new iPad’s Retina Display
Praise for Nom Nom Paleo:
● "One of the most complete dietary companions you'll find." - Emma Barker, The Daily
● "Awesome." - Robbwolf.com
● "One of the best virtual cookbooks available in the App Store." - 148Apps
● "Brilliantly designed." - Apps Magazine
● “If you’re a foodie and into Paleo, I’m sure you already know about this. I’ll be the first in line.” – Chris Kresser, L.Ac
● “Gorgeous, easy to use, and creative. Your kitchen should not be without it.” – Melissa & Dallas Hartwig, Whole9
● “Simply amazing and delicious in every way.” – Aimee Anaya Everett, Catalyst Athletics
● “Visually stunning.” – Gear Diary
Message from Nom Nom Paleo:
Yo, peeps – my cookbook app is here!
This “cookbook on steroids” is a uniquely immersive culinary experience. It’s a visual feast packed with brand new recipes, as well as updated versions of classic Nom Nom Paleo dishes – all presented with my own special brand of whimsically snarky commentary. Food lovers and busy home cooks can now visually follow each of my recipes from the pantry to the dining room table.
But that’s not all! For those who want to learn more about the “caveman” approach to nutrition and health, I’ve included a “Paleo 101” primer that explains why we eat whole, unprocessed, real foods (like meat, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts) and avoid highly-processed and pro-inflammatory foods. You’ll also find an in-depth shopping guide, a 30-day meal planner, an interactive grocery list you can email, and much, much more.
My hope is that this app will delight, engage, and inspire you to eat well and be well.
● App developed by Y Media Labs ●
October 24, 2014 New version 1.6
January 04, 2013 New version 1.5
December 21, 2012 New version 1.4
June 15, 2012 New version 1.3
June 02, 2012 New version 1.2
May 04, 2012 New version 1.1
April 27, 2012 Initial Release