All new sleek UI that is quick to get where you need, faster rendering, and iOS 9 support, Universal Binary
You've discovered the fascinating art of Moku Hanga, the Japanese method of wood-block printing. Breathtaking landscapes, beautiful women, and busy cityscapes can be transformed into this exotic art known for flowing hand-chiseled outlines and brushed on color.
The Moku Hanga app, Moku the Japanese word for “wood” while hanga is known as “print”, allows you to create an artistic wood-block print from any picture or snapshot — no need for time consuming carving — the artists from JixiPix do all the work for you! With the power to fully customize your Moku Hanga, you can create a masterpiece artistic enough be part of printmaking history!
The outlines in Moku Hanga are extremely eye catching, replicating a hand chiseled relief-art. Using sliders found on the adjust tab you can control the smoothness, width and strength of the chiseled outline to fit your composition.
Presets are also available to give your project a quick start. Choose from a range of bold chisled outlines, and bright to subtle color combinations. If the preset colors chosen for your work are not to your liking, there is the option to alter your palette colors. Once the desired color is achieved complete your artwork with an artistic edge or paper. In printmaking the final image does rely on the choice of paper; whether it is kozo fibers or rice paper — this will add an artistic quaility to your print and complete your Moku Hanga.
Moku Hanga Features:
• Automatically create a work of art with the look of hand chiseled outlines and brushed on color, fully adjustable with simple sliders.
• Adjust the outline width, strength and how smooth or fluid your chiseled outline appears.
• Control the color in your artwork with saturation, strength and image color sliders.
• Choose between two printing styles: "Multi-Color" or "Multi-Block".
• The Multi-Color style uses all the original colors in your photo. By adjusting the "Image Color" slider you can reduce or add colors to your artwork giving it a variety of printed-styles, from a full-color block process to spot-color ones.
•The Multi-Block style uses 5 blocks of color pulled from your original image then divides the colors across your artwork giving the look of carving a separate woodblock for every color. The cool thing about this style is the ability to "Randomize Colors" throughout your artwork and the ability to replace any or all of these colors, using the full-spectrum color picker. You can achieve simple to exaggerated color results using this process.
• Works with Hi-Res images and saves Hi-Res for top-quality results
• Gets you started fast with a variety of presets
• Creates personal-favorite custom presets using the "Save Preset" menu
• Has the addictive JixiPix Randomizer – so much fun!
• Superior customer support and updates – we're committed to your long-term satisfaction
- October 30, 2013 Initial release
- October 31, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 15, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- August 27, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 02, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 16, 2014 New version 1.25
- November 04, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 06, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- May 23, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 26, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 04, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 07, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 29, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 03, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 07, 2015 New version 1.28
- November 25, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 01, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99