App DescriptionA handy guide to the castles of the United Kingdom. In this lite version you'll find a taster of the many wonderful castles (nearly 200 in the full version) you can visit in the UK. Ideal for the tourist, castle explorer and family days out. You an easily scroll through the list of castles by country and county (including thumbnail images), or use the search function. All the entries have resizable colour photographs, and for each there's a description of the castle and its history, information on who it's managed by, links to the official website (as well as other web links), address, opening times, characteristics and references. Any entry can be bookmarked and you can also write your own notes using the built-in editor. You can also tap on the globe icon for any castle to see it on an interactive map that you can scroll, zoom in and out, and switch between map, satellite and hybrid views, plus you can locate yourself on the map! Social networking is also built-in allowing you to tweet about an entry or post an update to your Facebook page
- List view showing all castles by country and county.
- Resizable colour photographs.
- Details on characteristics and history, address, web links for opening times, references, etc.
- Ability to bookmark any entry or add your own notes.
- Social networking integration via Twitter and Facebook (you will need an account with the relevant service to use it).
- Ability to show the castle on an interactive map.
- Create your own list of your favourites using the bookmark feature.
- A counter feature for each entry. Count visits or whatever you like.
For even more castles, see the full version (to follow shortly) which will include nearly 200 entries.
June 26, 2012 New version 2.0.1
March 30, 2012 New version 1.9.2
March 06, 2012 Initial Release