This update to Paper introduces a fast navigation sidebar for quickly searching and browsing between your work. We've improved the card preview to show your creations full screen so you can swipe between cards without accidentally marking them. This update also includes ink enhancements for Apple Pencil and a stylus settings option to use your finger to cut and paste.
SIDEBAR AND SEARCH
We've redesigned our basic navigation structure to be more efficient and we've added search. Moving between your work is now more like a sprint than a marathon.
FULL SCREEN PREVIEW
Swipe through your work full screen. We've made the previews in Paper big and beautiful so you don't have to enter edit mode to see the details.
We heard your feedback and adjusted Paper's inks for Apple Pencil. The previous ink pooling and transparency levels have been restored for the Write tool. The Draw tool's pressure response has been improved at flat drawing angles.
QUICK FINGER CUT & PASTE
In what we've dubbed "scissor hands", connecting Pencil by FiftyThree or Apple Pencil to Paper now gives you the option to automatically use the Cut tool when your finger touches the canvas. Your stylus can draw or write with the selected ink tool, and your finger can quickly cut and move pieces of your sketch. If you use Paper to take notes or arrange diagrams, you may find this particularly useful. To turn this feature on, go to Pencil Settings and select "Cut" from the list of options for your finger.
The FiftyThree Team
Love Paper? Please give us a review! We read every comment, review, and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions are taken into serious consideration as we continue to evolve Paper.
If you need help or want to share feedback, contact us at [email protected] We can't respond to App Store reviews so please email if something seems broken.
When inspiration happens, put it on Paper. Paper is the best way to capture and connect your notes, photos, and sketches. Create checklists, spotlight details in photos, and sketch diagrams with unbeatable speed and ease — Paper is like a wall of sticky notes for everything that inspires you.
Paper’s swipe-to-style formatting makes creating checklists and notes faster and more fun than any other app. The photo spotlight tool helps you quickly clarify essential details.
Bring text, photos, and sketches together. Keep your ideas organized, and see everything in one place to make connections you can’t see in siloed lists.
Paper’s unique visual notes are designed to help you get your point across quickly and precisely. Paper also lets you share your ideas any way you want to, including as professionally-formatted PDFs, Keynote and Powerpoint presentations.
The original iPad version of Paper is a winner of Apple’s App of the Year and is used by millions around the world. The Universal version adds support for iPhone, in addition to text, photos, and sketching, all beautifully designed for touch. Paper is completely free with no in-app purchases.
- March 30, 2012 Initial release
- April 07, 2012 New version 1.0.12
- May 31, 2012 New version 1.0.23
- June 30, 2012 New version 1.0.24
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.1.0
- October 04, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- November 01, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- November 04, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- December 06, 2012 New version 1.2.5
- January 30, 2013 New version 1.2.6
- May 09, 2013 New version 1.3.1
- May 16, 2013 New version 1.3.2
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.3.3
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.3.4
- October 07, 2013 New version 1.4.0
- October 19, 2013 New version 1.4.1
- November 19, 2013 New version 1.4.5
- December 03, 2013 New version 1.5.0
- December 18, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- January 08, 2014 New version 1.5.2
- February 08, 2014 New version 1.5.3
- March 13, 2014 New version 1.6.1
- April 01, 2014 New version 1.6.2
- August 06, 2014 New version 1.6.3
- September 16, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- October 12, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- October 23, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- November 08, 2014 New version 2.1.0
- November 24, 2014 New version 2.1.5
- December 08, 2014 New version 2.2
- December 20, 2014 New version 2.2.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 2.3.1
- April 16, 2015 New version 2.4.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- May 12, 2015 New version 2.5.1
- May 23, 2015 New version 2.5.2
- June 01, 2015 New version 2.5.3
- July 13, 2015 New version 2.6.0
- September 11, 2015 New version 3.0.0
- September 16, 2015 New version 3.0.3
- October 08, 2015 New version 3.1.1
- October 28, 2015 New version 3.1.2
- November 03, 2015 New version 3.2.0
- November 09, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- November 18, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- December 12, 2015 New version 3.4.2
- January 26, 2016 New version 3.5.0
- June 30, 2016 New version 3.6.0