☆ Search functionality
☆ Favourites folder
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
Lonely Planet’s brand new France country guide is here!
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
The ultimate guide to exploring France – from the cafes of Paris to the beaches of Nice. Get the insider knowledge and recommendations of 13 expert Lonely Planet authors, combined with detailed maps and GPS – all of which work with no internet connection or data roaming fees.
Whether you’re exploring the whole country, a region or a city, we have you covered:
☆ Offline maps covering all of France. View the entire country, and zoom-in to a region, city, neighbourhood or street. Quickly pin-point your location on any street in France - all without internet connect or data roaming fees.
☆ SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighbourhood, or type
☆ SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
☆ Thousands of author recommended places to visit & things to do – covering sights, shopping, restaurants, bars, hotels and activities.
☆ Background information and suggested itineraries by our expert authors for the entire country, regions, cities and neighbourhoods
☆ Practicalities section covering everything from transport to travelling with kids.
☆ An intuitive, easy to use design where everything a traveller needs is only a few touches away
☆☆NOTE☆☆: While this app is incredibly easy to use, France is a big place, we cover it in detail, and our maps can locate you anywhere in the country (all without an internet connection). As such, the file size is 400MB so you’ll need some patience as it downloads. It’ll be worth it.
Regions covered include:
☆ Lille, Flanders & the Somme
☆ Alsace & Lorraine
☆ The Loire Valley
☆ Lyon & the Rhone Valley
☆ French Alps & the Jura Mountains
☆ Massif Central
☆ Limousin & the Dordogne
☆ French Basque Country
☆ The Pyrenees
☆ Toulouse Area
☆ Provence & the Cote d'Azur
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
- March 10, 2012 Initial release
- April 20, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 01, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- August 07, 2012 New version 3.0
- December 01, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- January 01, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99