Version 1.1 is a breakthrough release with serious re-factoring to improve rendering speed, memory usage and stability. With new features, the interface has also been improved.
• Now supports large images (100+ megapixels / 500+ mb in file size).
• Rendering is up to twice as fast.
• Uses 1/3 less memory.
• Improved interface.
• New Lens Flares.
• New Light Sources.
• Improved Sharing support on 10.8.
• Improved Retina performance.
• Improved QuickLook.
• Improved Full Screen experience.
• New animations.
• Improved Sandboxing support.
• New graphical selectors for Lens Flares & Light Sources.
• Can now continue editing the photo when comparing with the original.
• Minor bug fixes & stability improvements.
Illuminate photos to the next level using Light Rays, Lens Flares & other lighting effects. Shine utilizes state of the art technology to generate realistic effects in near real time, while providing a beautiful retina ready interface.
## What the media, professionals & customers say about Shine ##
TUAW - "Shine does what it advertises, and does it well."
MacFormat - 4 Stars - "Capable of creating good looking results, this deserves a place in the kit of keen photo geeks."
HDR360Pro - "Shine is a godsend for stock shooters! God rays on demand! Thanks Ohanaware!"
5 Star average rating on the Mac App Store (U.S.)
## Features of Shine ##
• Cutting Edge, Turbo Charged "Light Rays" engine.
• Choose from a selection of beautiful Lens Flares.
• Large Retina compatible preview, with Full Screen support.
• Alter the mood & colors with a gradient tint.
• Dynamic Range adjustment using the custom contrast effect.
• Alter or add a light source to the image.
• Light Fall Off (Vignette) & Image Glow effects.
• Original comparison while editing.
• Maximizes CPUs & GPUs usage to generate near real-time updates.
• Share images online with built-in sharing.
• Export illuminated photos directly to other photo apps.
• Smart Saving, protects original image.
• Supports large images (100+ megapixel, 500+ MB file size).
• Compatible with OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 & 10.9 Mavericks.
## What makes Shine so great ##
9 years experience at work.
Since 2004 Ohanaware's developers have been building a great deal of photo editing apps & photo effects. Being photographers as well as developers, provides insight and understanding, that we use to build our cutting edge photo tools.
Sophisticated Light Rays Engine.
It took 18 months for Shine to be completed, with many iterations of the engine. All in the quest to generate the most natural looking light rays possible. Shine 1.1 includes a refactored version of the this engine, delivering superior performance while using less memory.
A workspace that allows focus on the task in hand.
It's easier to concentrate on perfecting the photo, when there are less distractions. Shine's tools are neatly laid out on the left, the rest of the window is used to provide the stunningly large preview. In full screen the preview almost fills the entire screen.
Smart Saving (non-destructive file format).
Ohanaware's Smart Saving uses a non-destructive file format, so when a file is saved as a ".Shine" file it includes the original image, the document settings, every previous save & all the Undos. This enables the photo to be 'undone' to a week last tuesday, or quickly restored to a month ago.
- August 01, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- June 15, 2014 Initial release