App DescriptionExperience the world's greatest architectural achievements through time with just a swipe of your finger in A Global History of Architecture for iPad on Inkling. Every chapter begins with interactive maps and timelines that illustrate global context. Zoom through a building's layout with one of 70 Hot Spots, using the renowned drawings of Francis D.K. Ching. Best of all? Play with nine 3D models of history's most iconic buildings. Armchair travel has never looked so tempting.
Details about A Global History of Architecture on Inkling:
* Take a Closer Look: Peel back a building's layers with one of 70 Hot Spots. Tap on the blue boxes to zoom in on details hidden in the drawing.
* Virtual Reality: If you can't visit a site yourself, try the next best thing: nine 3D models of some of the world's most iconic buildings.
* Bird’s Eye View: For all 19 historical eras in the book, explore a map of the world's most important buildings with poptips that contain images and links to Google maps.
* Form and Function: Navigate across continents and eras with ease. Gorgeous images, zoomable figures and an intuitive layout make reading on iPad a pleasure, not a chore.
Features included with every Inkling title:
Less Search, More Find
* Search anything in your book
* Write and highlight with ease
* Notes saved in the cloud
* Scan chapter info at a glance
* Link between related ideas
* Diagrams that let you test yourself
* Find other users' best notes
* Tap key terms for definitions
Social Learning Network
* Log in via email and Facebook
* Add hyper-links to your notes
* Share your notes and highlights
* Use the notes of friends and professors
March 09, 2012 Initial Release