News & Analysis section revised; bug fixes
The Washington Post Politics app for iPad provides our award-winning political journalism in an innovative, interactive and highly visual format that leverages the unique capabilities of the iPad.
This app is ideal for political junkies. It not only keeps users informed about the political news that matters, but also helps separate truth from spin and reality from rhetoric through interactive tools, maps and features.
For "free users", it includes:
- The latest political news of the day presented in a unique, visual format that emphasizes The Post’s renowned photos, images and graphics
- “The Forum”, which makes Twitter easy for political junkies, displaying the latest tweets from key political reporters, office holders, partisans and more in an easy to use, interactive format
- The Fact Checker, which assesses the veracity of politicians’ statements and awards one to four Pinocchios – complete with some fun animation, when video clips are available
- An "Issues Tool," which illustrates where President Obama stands (...and previously stood) on the issues, and lets users plot their own stance to share with others
- An interactive historical elections map that shows every available vote, in every state, in every U.S. presidential election, since 1789 – complete with election summaries and archived content from The Post.
- A "Campaign Files" archive that allows users to quickly sort and view the last 48 hours of content by issue and content type.
For "premium users," it includes:
- Full access to Campaign Files (including content more than 48 hours old)
- A premium “Insider’s Corner” that offers a broad and deep array of politically-oriented blog content, including Ezra Klein’s Wonkblog and Chris Cillizza’s The Fix.
For "premium users", a $2.99 per month auto-renewing subscription fee will be charged to the user's iTunes Account upon confirmation of in-app purchase. The subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is permitted during the active subscription period.
- February 27, 2012 Initial release
- March 22, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- April 06, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- April 17, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- May 13, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- July 13, 2012 New version 1.1
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.2
- August 04, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- August 23, 2012 New version 1.3
- September 12, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- October 17, 2012 New version 1.4
- October 21, 2012 New version 1.4.1
- December 06, 2012 New version 1.5
- February 07, 2013 New version 1.6