What's New- Added the ability to plot your stance on the issues directly from within the Candidates tool.
- Bug fixes
App DescriptionThe Washington Post Politics app for iPad provides our award-winning political journalism in an innovative, interactive and highly visual format that leverages the unique capabilities of the iPad.
This app is ideal for those interested in the 2012 presidential campaign – political junkies and the less obsessed alike. It not only keeps users informed about the political news that matters, but also helps separate truth from spin and reality from rhetoric through interactive tools, maps and features.
For "free users", it includes:
- The latest political news of the day presented in a unique, visual format that emphasizes The Post’s renowned photos, images and graphics
- The Fact Checker, which assesses the veracity of candidates’ statements and awards one to four Pinocchios – complete with some fun animation, when video clips are available
A "Candidate Tool," which illustrates where Obama and Romney stand (...and previously stood) in relation to one another on the major issues of the campaign. Tap on the candidates for details and video of each candidate stating his position.
- An interactive polling map that illustrates the latest general election polls in every state.
- An interactive TV ad map that shows campaign and super PAC ads running throughout the country, along with who is sponsoring them
- An interactive historical map that shows every vote, in every state, in every U.S. presidential election, since 1789 – complete with election summaries and archived content from The Post.
- A "Campaign Files" archive that allows users to quickly sort and view the last 48 hours of content by candidate, issue and content type.
For "premium users," it includes:
- Full access to Campaign Files (including content more than 48 hours old)
- A premium “Insider’s Corner” that offers a broad and deep array of politically-oriented blog content, including Ezra Klein’s Wonkblog and Chris Cillizza’s The Fix.
- Access to additional, future premium tools and features to be launched in the weeks ahead!
"For "premium users", a $2.99 per month auto-renewing subscription fee will be charged to the user's iTunes Account upon confirmation of in-app purchase. The subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is permitted during the active subscription period.
February 07, 2013 New version 1.6
December 06, 2012 New version 1.5
October 20, 2012 New version 1.4.1
October 17, 2012 New version 1.4
September 12, 2012 New version 1.3.1
August 24, 2012 New version 1.3
February 27, 2012 Initial Release