Hello, Runner 5! We have some great new features and improvements for you in this update, including:
- Mission Progress Bar: Ever wondered how far you're through a story mission? Now you can, using our run screen progress bar. Even better, we also show you how many supplies you've collected on your mission so far!
- All-New Apple Watch app: Our Watch app will now stay in the foreground while you're on a run, making it easier than ever to check your run progress at a glance - including, for the first time, a live supply count. You can also now select from a list of missions rather than just the next one, and you'll see a whole host of UI and run info improvements.
- Milestone Emails: If you're registered on ZombieLink, you'll now receive emails and gifts from the folks at Abel Township when you pass special milestones like running 50km or 200km, or completing certain missions!
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements to chases.
Thanks for sticking with us, Runner 5 - we couldn't do this without you. We won’t ask you to rate Zombies, Run! in the app, but if you’re enjoying saving the world, please take a moment to rate and review us in the App Store - it helps a lot!
BONUS ENTIRELY NON-CANONICAL SONG: The Ballad of Abel Township Runner Five
(aka "our homage to the Hamilton musical")
How does a walker, jogger, glum of boring
Workouts, airdropped in the middle of a
Forgotten spot by Abel Township, by providence
Infested, by zombies
Grow up to be a hero and a Runner?
The fifth-time successor runner without a trainer
Got a lot farther by moving a lot further
By sweating a lot longer
By working with real honour,
By mission end, they placed her in charge of a
And every day while zombies were tearing people’s hearts out
Away across the land, she struggled and kept her guard up
Outside, she was running to keep the town unparted
The sister was ready to run, fight, become a martyr
Then a madman came, and devastation reigned
Our woman saw humanity drip, dripping down the drain
Put laces on her trainers, headset tight to the brain
And she ran without complain, ignoring the pouring rain
Well, the word got around, they said, "This kid is insane, man"
Bringing back supply collections all 'cross the hinterland
“New destination: don't forget the whole kingdom ‘cos
The land is gonna know your name. What's your name, man?"
Abel Township Runner Five
My name is Abel Township Runner Five
And there's a thousand miles I haven't run
But just you wait, just you wait...
Get ready for the run of your life. Join 3 million runners on an epic adventure!
You tie your shoes, put on your headphones, take your first steps outside. You’ve barely covered 100 yards when you hear them. They must be close. You can hear every guttural breath, every rattling groan - they’re everywhere. Zombies. There’s only one thing you can do: Run!
Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure, co-created with award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. Every run becomes a mission where you’re the hero, with our immersive audio drama putting you at the centre of your very own zombie adventure story. While you run to the perfect mix of heart-pumping audio drama and pulse-pounding songs from your own playlist, you’ll collect supplies to grow your base back home.
BBC NEWS - “The only way to save yourself is to run for real.”
WIRED - “In the style of Runkeeper, with an exciting undead twist.”
LIFEHACKER - “A really cool way to get outside and exercise.”
CNN - “Turns exercise into a game - a terrifying, terrifying game.”
TIME - "Takes all the fun of a zombie game and funnels it into a fitness app."
WHAT PLAYERS SAY:
“Evaded all zombie mobs :-) One of my best sprints ever; this app works!”
“This game will make you sweat. Perfect junction between game design and run tracker.”
“Just tried @zombiesrungame and for the first time in my life I feel truly alive.”
WALK, JOG, OR RUN ANYWHERE
Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail. It even works on treadmills!
YOU ARE RUNNER 5
Hundreds of lives are counting on you. You’ve got to rebuild your base from a few shivering survivors into a fortified beacon of civilization by collecting critical supplies and avoiding roving zombie hordes. Can you save them and learn the truth about the zombie apocalypse?
A WORLD OF STORIES
You become the hero in an epic story of humanity’s struggle for survival where your running really matters, and there’s a deeper mystery to be uncovered as well. Play the first four missions for free and unlock one extra mission every week.
UPGRADE TO PRO
Unlock 240+ story missions for unlimited play, plus Interval Training and Airdrop Mode.
YOUR OWN MIX
Choose your own custom playlists: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
Saving the world not exciting enough? When you hear zombies on your six, it’s time to speed up. Can you escape every mob or will you drop some of your hard-earned supplies to distract them?
KEEP THE SURVIVORS ALIVE
Every run, you’ll automatically collect vital supplies like medicine and ammo. Use supplies to build your very own post-apocalypse community. Do you strengthen your defences against the zombies or build a new farm? Share the results with your friends and find out who can make the brightest future for humanity.
VIEW YOUR RUNS ONLINE
Register on our free ZombieLink service to view and share your runs, maps and stats!
SYNCS WITH APPLE HEALTH!
Pro Membership subscriptions for Zombies, Run! are $2.99/month or $19.99/year. Legacy Membership is $7.99/year. Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription will automatically renew each month and be charged through your iTunes account, yearly subscriptions will automatically renew each year. Pro Membership renews at $2.99/month or $19.99/year, and Legacy Membership renews at $7.99/year, automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- February 27, 2012 Initial release
- March 22, 2012 New version 1.1
- April 06, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- April 09, 2012 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- April 24, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 01, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- June 02, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $1.99
- June 04, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $7.99
- June 21, 2012 New version 1.3
- August 31, 2012 New version 1.4
- September 01, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $2.99
- September 04, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $7.99
- October 26, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- October 29, 2012 New version 1.5
- November 02, 2012 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- November 10, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- December 28, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- February 05, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- February 05, 2013 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- February 18, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- March 07, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- March 07, 2013 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- April 16, 2013 New version 2.0
- April 25, 2013 New version 2.1
- May 07, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- May 20, 2013 New version 2.1.2
- June 20, 2013 New version 2.1.3
- July 17, 2013 New version 2.2
- August 15, 2013 New version 2.2.1
- August 28, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 04, 2013 New version 2.2.2
- September 05, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 05, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 09, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 17, 2013 New version 2.3
- October 21, 2013 New version 2.4
- December 30, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- January 08, 2014 New version 2.5
- January 10, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 10, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- January 15, 2014 New version 2.5.1
- January 18, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 23, 2014 New version 2.5.2
- February 07, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- February 11, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- March 06, 2014 New version 2.5.3
- April 16, 2014 New version 3.0
- April 28, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- May 06, 2014 New version 3.0.2
- May 23, 2014 New version 3.1
- June 09, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- June 25, 2014 New version 3.1.3
- August 20, 2014 New version 3.1.4
- October 08, 2014 New version 3.2
- November 01, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- November 04, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- November 14, 2014 New version 3.2.2
- December 12, 2014 New version 3.2.3
- January 04, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- January 17, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- May 14, 2015 New version 4.0
- May 14, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- May 28, 2015 New version 4.0.1
- June 09, 2015 New version 4.0.2
- June 25, 2015 New version 4.1
- July 07, 2015 New version 4.1.1
- July 21, 2015 New version 4.1.2
- August 04, 2015 New version 4.1.3
- August 17, 2015 New version 4.1.4
- August 26, 2015 New version 4.1.5
- September 17, 2015 New version 4.1.6
- October 10, 2015 New version 4.1.7
- October 20, 2015 New version 4.1.8
- November 11, 2015 New version 4.2
- November 28, 2015 New version 4.3
- January 20, 2016 New version 4.4
- January 26, 2016 New version 4.4.1
- February 14, 2016 New version 4.4.2
- March 08, 2016 New version 4.4.3
- June 22, 2016 New version 5.0.3
- December 13, 2016 New version 5.1.1
- December 16, 2016 New version 5.1.2