148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: AUTHENTIC :: Read Our Full Review >>
A fine conversion of a classic board game.
What's NewMinor bug fixes
App Descriptionâ˜…â˜… This is probably the most impressive Backgammon game on the iPhone and iPad, and is well worth a look, even if you are new to the game - The Smartphone App Review
â˜…â˜… Roman Backgammon named to App Craver's Hall of Fame Editor's Pick
â˜…â˜… Roman Backgammon is the #1 game on both the iPad and iPhone Quality Index Top Ten Games - May 2012 â˜…â˜…
â˜…â˜… With Roman Backgammon, eoz may have their best game yet. The game itself looks like a Roman mosaic, and that gives it a lot of character. But the controls aren't based in ancient history; the interface is sleek, easy to use, and even easier to play - Tapscape
â˜…â˜… Old World Board Game - eoz games has developed a version for iOS in an effort to capture the game at its earliest best. Is a great way to introduce new players to this classic (more like ancient) game of strategy, skill and luck - App Craver
â˜…â˜… Historical Board Game Fun - great array of features, impressive multi-player options and 5-star value (The iPhone App Review)
Roman Backgammon unearths the roots of the classic Backgammon game to deliver a unique experience with slightly different rules and a custom mosaic game board and dice design to take you back in time. Roman Backgammon is a simpler, ancient version of backgammon that is fun for adults and an excellent way to introduce children to the game. It can be played in standard one or two player modes, or you can select an opponent from anywhere in the world using Game Center. Three levels of difficulty ensure a broad range of play and iTunes integration even lets you select music from your own library.
In Roman Backgammon, all stones begin off the board. Both players move on and off the board in the same direction. The board does not have the triangular points used in modern backgammon.
SO MANY WAYS TO PLAY
- Play against the computer (Easy, Medium or Hard)
- Pass and Play: play against a friend on your iPad, iPhone or Ipod touch
- Game Center: challenge a friend or get matched up against another player
- Stunning ancient mosaic board
- Coordinated ebony and ivory dice and stones
- Three difficulty levels (Easy, Medium or Hard)
- Integrated music capability - choose, play or pause music from your local
iTunes library, without exiting the game
- Highlight option to show possible moves
- User friendly move option: drag and drop or tap and tap
- Undo move function (for first move of a turn)
- Automatic game save and pause function
- Configurable names in multiplayer mode
- Selection of stone color (ebony or ivory)
PLAY THE ANCIENT VERSION OF BACKGAMMON
AS THE ROMANS DID IN THE 1st CENTURY!!
PERFECT FOR FAMILY BOARD GAME NIGHT!!
Roman Backgammon produced for eoz games llc by Artgig.com
July 24, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
May 31, 2012 New version 1.01
April 24, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
April 13, 2012 Initial Release