Added to Kids Category - Ages 6-8 years
Murky Reef is a series of thematic educational apps that encourages critical thinking through contextual game play.
This app is focused on “applied Math & Logic” skills for children in 2nd Grade or advanced learners in 1st Grade.
Useful tip: Use “Murky Reef - Math 1” app for pure Math skill learning and practice. Use this app for “applied math” skills.
- Number sense - compose a number given a greater than or less than rule, apply place value concept while composing a number from individual digits.
- Arithmetic - Mixed operations in addition and subtraction 1-20
- Analysis & Mental Math - Analyse a grid of numbers and infer arithmetic equations.
- Logical reasoning & application - Navigate a boat on an annotated grid using a compass rose while applying counting skills.
- 6 games. Key unique, feature in arithmetic is a “sea snake number line”. See the screenshots.
- Content is aligned with Common Core Standards for Math in Grade 2.
- Extensive content in all 6 games, with each game play serving fresh content.
- Supports 4 player profiles.
- Detailed report per profile to indicate abilities by game as well as by skill.
Note: Activities in this app are included in the full version of Murky Reef : 1st - 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math.
- October 27, 2013 New version 1.3
- April 18, 2013 New version 1.2
- April 01, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 30, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 27, 2012 New version 1.1
- February 24, 2012 Initial release