NOTE: This version has a video playing bug. You will not be able to close the video window until the video has finished playing completely. Fix is on the way... thank you for your patience!
Murky Reef is a series of thematic educational apps that encourages critical thinking through contextual game play.
This app is about science, information text and comprehension.
In this Science & Reading Comprehension app
- you are introduced to the science of coral reefs
- you explore sharks and their biology
- you play quiz games that exercise your reading, comprehension, application and critical thinking skills
- you are presented with 21st century multimedia learning of science using informational text, interactive graphics, audio, curated & safe videos and of course games!
For ages: 7 and up
NOTE on videos: The videos are carefully curated and are kid-friendly. Playing the videos requires Wi-Fi connection.
NOTE to teachers: We have applied Bloom's taxonomy of cognitive learning to our quizzes. Each learning section has 2 levels of quizzes. Level 1 quiz fosters information recall and comprehension. Level 2 quiz is more advanced and fosters analysis & application of knowledge.
You can learn more about Murky Reef and the design goals behind the games at http://www.frolyc.com/
- June 11, 2014 Initial release