* Fixed problem with Dropbox connection that prevented categories to sync across devices
* Fixed problem with music being paused when entering the app
* Various bug fixes
Listen to pronunciation, use visual cues, review your search history and share translations with your friends and followers. A comprehensive dictionary, rich in synonyms, designed to cover more than your basic reference tool. Allowing the user to easily identify difficulty levels, geographical region or idiomatic usage, thousands of terms are broken down and detailed for clear results and stress-free navigation.
Conveniently sized and intuitive, the Free Lite Dictionary App appeals to the bilingual public, regardless of their level of expertise.
For those learning English or Spanish, the perfect freebie that can’t be overlooked. Especially not when we outperform our paid competition!
Important: WORKS OFFLINE, Internet Connection required ONLY for the download of voices, images and spell-check results (limited resources). The Lite Dictionary does not allow for In-App Extension Purchase.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Enabled sharing of translations on Facebook and Twitter. (Twitter Only on iOS 5.)
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Over 49,000 entries, 49,000 translations, 72,000 synonyms
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
- Translations, Synonyms and Pictures
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 9,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
- May 01, 2015 New version 7.3.0
- April 14, 2015 New version 7.2.0
- March 21, 2015 New version 7.1.0
- March 16, 2015 New version 7.0.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 6.1.0
- November 06, 2014 New version 6.0.0
- August 27, 2014 New version 5.5.0
- July 21, 2014 New version 5.4.5
- June 10, 2014 New version 5.4.3
- June 08, 2014 Initial release