148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: NEARLY FLAWLESS :: Read Our Full Review >>
A great web development tool that's just held back slightly by some minor failings.
What's NewA BETTER, FASTER, SMOOTHER DIET CODA
- Code now auto-indents as you type
- Added new "Light" color scheme
- Added "Show Hidden Files" toggle
- Added "Folders on Top" option for the file browser
- Can now convert line endings of files
- Improved syntax highlighting, contextual keys, and autocomplete
- Terminal now works more reliably when switching between sites
- Improved AirPreview support with Coda 2
- Custom URLs are now possible in Preview and AirPreview
- Added support for uploading photos and videos
- Improved Terminal
- Added CMD-A as keyboard shortcut
- Various bug fixes and improvements!
App DescriptionWhat happens when you take the power of Coda, our Mac OS X web code editor, and crunch it down into a powerful, feature-packed iPad package? Introducing Diet Coda, the best way to make quick edits to your websites on the go.
A while ago, we were going on vacation, and facing a difficult question: do we take the MacBook, or the iPad? 95% of what we needed was on the iPad, and it felt right to travel light. But what if we needed to fix or post something on our website? We'd be straight out of luck. So, the Macbook was packed. And work on Diet Coda begun.
Now, we've made a powerful, feature-packed web editor with a easy-to-use, enjoyable touch interface. Now, we can travel with the iPad and know that we have the tools necessary to do our job. And thanks to AirPreview, now we can put our iPad to great use while it's sitting on our desk at work and we're coding in Coda. Now, we've changed everything.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
✔ Remote-Only Editing
Edit documents right on your server or staging server.
✔ Powerful FTP and SFTP File Management
Open, rename, modify, change permissions, the works.
Quickly get to work on your servers.
✔ Syntax Highlighting
HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, more to come.
✔ Revolutionary Super-Loupe
Positioning the cursor in iOS isn't fun. We've changed that forever.
✔ Contextual Keyboard
The right special characters at the right time.
Insert chunks of code with a single tap.
✔ Find and Replace
Including our ground-breaking "Wildcard" token
✔ Built-In Terminal
The power of Prompt built-in. A $7.99 value.
✔ Much More
Packed with thoughtful touches.
AND ONE MORE THING.
Use your iPad as a dedicated preview window for Coda 2 on the Mac
WHAT'LL YOU CODE ON-THE-GO? WE CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT.
September 12, 2012 New version 1.1
May 31, 2012 New version 1.0.4
May 30, 2012 New version 1.0.3
November 30, -0001 Initial Release