- Added push-notifications for private messages from friends
- Added local notifications
- Disabled notification upon friend rejection or friend removal
- Badge on game icon and on mailbox now show amount of unread message groups
- Changed game menu interface
- "Surrender" button now allows to end the current round at any moment
- "Leave the game" button now ends the game and shows result window
- When a player surrenders, he loses 2 points except in cases when at least one checker has been borne off
- Upon initial roll dice is automatically cast once the timer runs out
- When timer runs out in a match of 3 points or more the current round ends, but not the whole game
- Minor fixes
Backgammon Masters is an aesthetically pleasing game for online and single player backgammon. Enjoy the ancient board game in crisp, modern graphics on your smartphone or tablet!
All board game fans will appreciate the easy to use interface, detailed visuals and many features. There is something for everybody! You can personalise your profile, challenge online players, make bets, gammon opponents, participate in tournaments, chat live, find new friends and learn all the tricks of this ancient and exciting board game!
Want to play with friends and family?
Easy! Play with your friends in hotseat mode, via bluetooth, organise tournaments and improve your skill!
Out on a trip and have no internet connection?
Just challenge our AI in any backgammon style you wish! One match will take you only 5 to 30 minutes.
Backgammon Masters supports many styles of backgammon:
» Classic backgammon - the core of the game.
» Narde (Nardi) - very popular in Russia. Longer play, since you can't hit opponent's checkers.
» Tavla (Tavli or Turkish Backgammon) - popular in Turkey. Very similar to backgammon with some rule differences regarding checker play.
» Nackgammon - variation invented by Nack Ballard with 2 differences from the original game.
» Old English Backgammon - a style popular in United Kingdom.
Despite the game's old age millions of people all around the world still enjoy this fantastic board game and its variations up to this day.
Join and become a true Master of Backgammon!
Standard pack includes:
● 5 backgammon styles: Backgammon, Narde, Nackgammon, Old English and Tavla
● 2 game modes: game against AI, game on one iMac or MacBook
● 6 beautiful boards: Classic, Metal, 10,000BC, Profi, Casino and White Crocodile!
● 2 difficulty levels in game vs AI
● Extensive match statistics
● Share your success on Facebook or Twitter!
● Highlighting available moves, Undo function, Online Chat and much, much more.
● 100% fair and completely random dice rolls
● Ability to check dice fairness
● Detailed descriptions of game rule and frequently asked questions
● Crisp, high definition graphics for Mac Retina Display
Premium pack includes:
● Online game
● Thousands of online players! You will find players of all skill levels
● Detailed statistics of your and opponent rolls
● Player ratings by ELO system. Levelling system
● Ability to add other players to friends and invite them to a game even when they are offline
● Detailed in-game chat
● Daily tournaments in different backgammon styles
● Ability to view other people's matches
Here is what our players are saying about Backgammon Masters:
“I had tried many backgammon apps: Backgammon NJ, Backgammon Deluxe, Backgammon Live, Backgammon Ace, Backgammon Gold, but I really think Backgammon Masters is the best and most exciting backgammon app currently available in the market! I play it with my friends and family all the time!"
"To put it simply, Backgammon Masters is one gorgeous looking application." -- TheiPhoneAppReview
"The game is exactly what a backgammon app should be. It has a great look, detailed instructions, and is faithful to the original game. The number of match-making offerings is impressive and the controls are easy to use." -- 148apps
Like us and follow us for the latest news, updates and free offers:
If you enjoy Backgammon Masters, leave us a rating!
We listen to our players and work constantly to improve the game and make it better.
- June 07, 2014 Initial release
- August 04, 2014 New version 1.6.6
- August 04, 2014 New version 1.6.6
- August 26, 2014 New version 1.6.7
- September 12, 2015 New version 1.6.20
- November 11, 2015 New version 1.6.21
- January 11, 2016 New version 1.6.23
- June 20, 2016 New version 1.6.24