Thanks for using our app!
• We added Airdrop support for iOS 7 and above for the iPhone 5S or later, iPad (4th generation or later), iPad Mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and to share with people using a Mac with Yosemite. Checkout youtube.com/demografixapps for a demo on using Airdrop.
Thanks Apple, we love it!
• Squashed a bug and added a few enhancements.
Please take a moment to leave a review on iTunes, they help us... :-)
You can also email [email protected] comments and feedback.
Keep up to date with us on facebook.com/demografix.pty.ltd
Learn to write the correct letters, numbers and words in the US education approved plain and cursive fonts. D’Nealian and Zaner-Bloser. Additional fonts included are all Australia States, including NSW, the UK and New Zealand styles.
4 Star Review - http://tinyurl.com/alphadigits
• Create your own words lessons
• Students can trace and record audio answers
• For early to adult education
• Can be used for spelling lists, sight words and any other content you wish to create
• Customise all content including images, sounds and teacher example tracings
• Lock app to limit student customization
• Automatically, by choice, email the student's tracings and audio recordings as a webpage to the teacher or parent at the end of a completed lesson.
• Create and manage multiple profiles
School Fonts allows the teacher or parent to prepare word lessons using written instructions, unique images and audio instructions, to which the student can respond using written and audio recordings. School Fonts maximizes the flexibility for a teacher or parent who wants to create his or her own content. For example, instructors can create words with missing letters together with unique images and user-created audio recordings that provide a rich learning environment. Unlimited activities can be created and customized to the individual levels of student learning needs. Activities can include: spelling lists where the student writes the word and records audio of the spelling, Dolch sight words, circle the vowels, write the opposite and much more.
School Fonts features four activity areas including Words, Numbers, Lower Case and Upper Case. Each lesson features a large tracing area, on which the student can use their finger, or for penmanship instruction, a stylus, to trace the letters, numbers, or words. Also included with each lesson is the ability to play an audio recording of the lesson, the ability for the student or teacher to record their own audio instruction or response, a reset button, and three different tracing options: outlines with directional tracing arrow prompts, solid lines without arrow prompts, and dot representations.
Teacher tracing allows teachers to record their own example tracings for each letter and number, which replay when the student taps the Learn button. Teacher tracing offers the ability to record audio behind the tracing to replay for letter sounds or phonetics or as simple tracing instructions. This allows for regional variations of the letter sounds.
With tracing accuracy turned on to easy, medium or hard the students are rewarded with a half or full star depending on their accuracy. The default teacher tracings or your customisations of the teacher tracings are used as the basis for checking the students tracing accuracy. This allows for complete flexibility over stroke direction for left hand writers.
The Words activity section allows students to learn to read, write, say and spell pre-programmed teacher or parent created words. The Numbers activity section includes an image button with a picture of a number of items that correspond to the number being learned, which also can be customized. The Lowercase and Uppercase activity sections also feature the customizable photo and sound options.
Teachers can create, save and share their verbal and word lessons, profiles and customizations, with complete control over the management of the lessons, the app and student profiles. Full import and export functions are included.
Teachers or parents can lock the app into a restricted student mode using a four digit PIN. In student mode, word lessons cannot be created or deleted and profiles cannot be changed. Other options are available such as hiding the homepage external links. The app also has internal encouragements that can be turned off and customized via the settings.
- June 10, 2014 Initial release
- October 16, 2014 New version 1.9
- October 16, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- November 11, 2014 New version 1.10
- November 11, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- January 18, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 16, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 27, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- May 17, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- October 23, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99