There was a bug that would turn Uber on, even if you turned it off. We're sorry we turned you on, Uber. Bug is fixed now.
Beyond that… we've got big news! We're having a baby.
Her name is "Transit App for the Apple Watch”. She weighs 7 nano-ounces and never cries.
Why did we bring a child into this crazy world, you ask?
Because our team is dedicated to bringing you all the transport information you need, faster and more intuitively than anyone else.
Because when you launch Transit App, we not only give you all the info you need—we give it to you right on launch.
Because when you said pressing a button to open Transit App took too long, we made a widget that lets you check departure times, without even opening the app.
Now, it’s time to lend us a hand. Your hand, actually. Which is where you’ll be able to access Transit App for Apple Watch, and get nearby departure times without. Even. Opening. Your. Phone.
Lots of other cool things, too. If you're interested, you can check our Twitter page. And please — no gifts for this baby shower, folks. Your love is all we need.
(Also added: real-time information in St. Louis, Austin, Baltimore. Community Transit in Seattle, too).
(Leave us five stars if you want us to add the Hogwarts train.)
Find out when your bus is coming NOW. Arrival times and directions for transit routes near you, using real-time data. All transport options: bus, subway, bike share, Uber, car2go, and more. North America's most popular transport app.
Transit works in 75 US and Canadian metropolitan areas and many other cities around the world (see list below). And now on Apple Watch, too!
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly (including real-time predictions).*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite routes for instant access to upcoming departures.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes and docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
IMPORTANT PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**Made in Montreal, popular in Paris, booming in Berlin, conquering Kenya**
WE'RE MILDLY WITTY
Twitter - twitter.com/transitapp
Facebook - fb.com/transitapp
Blog - medium.com/transitapp
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop*, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro and Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
- March 28, 2015 New version 3.4.3
- February 14, 2015 New version 3.4.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 3.4.1
- January 29, 2015 New version 3.4
- December 08, 2014 New version 3.3.1
- November 26, 2014 New version 3.3
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.2.2
- October 19, 2014 New version 3.2.1
- October 01, 2014 New version 3.2
- September 07, 2014 New version 3.1.3
- July 28, 2014 New version 3.1.2
- July 12, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- April 17, 2014 New version 3.0.5
- April 08, 2014 New version 3.0.4
- April 03, 2014 New version 3.0.3
- March 25, 2014 New version 3.0.2
- March 21, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- March 21, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 11, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- July 19, 2013 New version 2.0.5
- July 12, 2013 New version 2.0.4
- June 24, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- June 11, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- May 31, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- May 28, 2013 New version 2.0
- March 06, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- February 01, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- January 05, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- December 19, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- December 18, 2012 New version 1.5
- November 12, 2012 New version 1.2.4
- November 02, 2012 New version 1.2.3
- October 04, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- September 26, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- September 20, 2012 Initial release