What's New- Compatibility updates for iOS8
- Updated to support new Audiobus SDK, adding IAA support
- Added sine wave instrument by user request
- Improved VoiceOver support for blind and visually impaired users
Don't forget to update your reviews and ratings for the new version, it really helps! Also, please send feedback to email@example.com for any questions or concerns, as developers cannot respond to user reviews in the App Store.
App DescriptionTonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome is an all-inclusive application designed for the pro musician to the beginning player. Whether you play a brass, a woodwind, a string instrument, or any member of the guitar family, this application can help you improve your skills. It is so much more than just a tuner!
The tuner responds to all instrument types in the pitch range from C0 to C8. Features include the target tuner display, a dedicated string tuning screen, eight octave keyboard (iPad only), chromatic wheel, and a tone generator that includes high quality multi-sampled instruments for symphonic brass and woodwinds, which is unique among all other tuning applications.
The user-friendly multi-function metronome provides the meter and subdivision options that you'll most often need, quickly accessible at any time.
The analysis page includes frequency and harmonic energy plots, along with a scrolling waveform display, all of which aid the players or ensemble to “see” as well as hear their sound. Audiobus and MIDI features allow the sound library to be used with compatible music notation and recording apps.
While musicians strive to improve their sounds and skills, the TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome makes practicing more effective and fun.
• Large colorful animated tuner on all three tuner screens
• Bright flat/sharp indicators when tones are very out of tune
• Highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Separate orchestral string and guitar tuning modes
• Extensive tuning list for all standard fretted string instruments and many more features specifically designed for a string tuner
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard for the iPad that enhances many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Indicators of note name, octave, cents offset, and frequency are seen on each page of the tuner
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Recognizes a very large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8)
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Major/minor chords and polyphonic chords
• Generates a pitch reference note using the TonalEnergy instruments or waveforms
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform display with recording and playback, including TIMESTRETCH
• Metronome tempo controls up to 300bpm, with tap-tempo, 6 subdivision choices, 23 simple, compound, and duple/triple meters, and visual flash
• Various notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• External MIDI keyboard control support via CoreMidi and Akai Synthstation 25, as well as virtual MIDI, and background operation
• Audiobus support to allow analyzing the output of other applications, or streaming output to other music notation and recording applications
• Recording feature to create exercises using the TonalEnergy instruments or your own, exportable via iTunes sharing, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, or Open In another app
• Import songs from iTunes Library, or email attachments
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor using an interface adaptor cable
• Supports external video output for displaying all tuner screens to an external display for use in classrooms or rehearsal halls
• Universal app, with all device orientations supported
• Bluetooth output support
• Adjustable A=440Hz reference
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Soprano Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square and sawtooth waveforms
• Plucked Strings
September 28, 2014 New version 1.4.1
September 17, 2013 New version 1.3
March 07, 2013 New version 1.2
March 09, 2012 New version 1.1
February 18, 2012 Initial Release