148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: RETRO REMIX :: Read Our Full Review >>
An etherial homage to the 16-bit platformers of days gone by.
What's NewWelcome back to AWESOME Land! With this update you can enjoy a whole bunch of improvements to make your experience all the more awesome, including:
- iPhone 5 wide screen support
- New particle effects, animations and other graphical enhancements
- Improved controls and physics
- Better performance
- Now full screen on iPad (no more black bars)
- Some minor alterations to level layouts so that the game can run in the different aspect ratios without unbalancing the difficulty
App Description"A 16 bit lover's wet dreamâ€¦ an awesome platforming experience" - APPtitudes
"A heartfelt homage... beautiful 16-bit graphic design... Awesome Landâ€˜s virtual controls are awesome, easily among the best of any game â€“ regardless of genre â€“ in the App Store" - AppTudes
"The controls are abso-****ing-lutely perfect. I don't remember the last iOS game I've played that actually feels this smoothâ€¦ brilliant level designâ€¦ you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by buying it" - Metalcasket
Manley's motorcycle has been stolen by evil aliens! It's up to you to help him kick some alien hide and claim it back in this incredible parody of the great platform games of the past!
Venture into a twisted version of the Nevada Desert! Discover alien bases! Stamp on monsters with your massive biker boots! Weave between furious flamethrowers! Munch on meat... from the walls!
- 25 amazing, challenging levels!
- Unique HD retro "photorealistic pixels" art style
- Beastly bosses!
- Silky smooth platform engine (iPhone 4 or later recommended)
- Rocking soundtrack!
- Scoring and Game Center Leaderboards!
Do you have what it takes to save Manley's bike, or will you be hitchhiking home?
February 05, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
January 04, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release